New Everton Stadium Discussion

When i have drove past recently I've felt it's not as big as we think it is.

I think perspective has to do with it though.
I've thought that too, it is big, but not massive, and it will be compact.

@fitzyefc if I remember correctly, the top row of the main stand is a similar height and position relative to the pitch as the back row of BMD (give or take a few metres), and the rake if the upper levels is very similar to that of the TB. There is a graphic about 30 pages back showing this

Is the last row of the stand higher than the last row of top balcony? I know original plans was but doesnt seem as high when standing outside of it.
As I understand it, the whole stadium is just a bit higher than the Goodsion Road stand. When you think of it, that stand towers over the other 3 stands. Imagine 4 of the same height. Also, the closest you can get at the moment is about the equivalent of half way down one of the sides streets leading down to the Goodison Road. Finally I think what really impresses is the depth of the West and East Stand. They are going to be very bulky. I think they have got it spot on to be honest. It will feel so intimate and close to the pitch.

Do you reckon the new stadium will have escalators? And more importantly will they actually work?
Does anybody know for sure? I'm not sure I've read it in the planning documents. Common sense says yes, but you never know. I'm hoping there will be lifts and escalators. I know the club released information saying there would be 747 toilets (I assume that's the total number not the spec). I wonder how many lifts and escalators?

I've thought that too, it is big, but not massive, and it will be compact.

@fitzyefc if I remember correctly, the top row of the main stand is a similar height and position relative to the pitch as the back row of BMD (give or take a few metres), and the rake if the upper levels is very similar to that of the TB. There is a graphic about 30 pages back showing this

Precisely. It gives the impression of being larger than it is. The south stand was originally a monster and was marketed as the blue wall but is now only 20 rows deeper than the Park end stand. Its capacity is boosted by the corner sections but is nothing that remarkable.... infact it is a full 24 rows less than the new Anfield Road stand. The provision for safestanding could give it a further boost though. It will be interesting to see how that, the steep stands and upturned roof combine for atmosphere.

When i have drove past recently I've felt it's not as big as we think it is.

I think perspective has to do with it though.
It'll be 5 metres smaller than the Spurs stadium, but still at least 4 metres taller than every other Anfield stand bar the Main Stand which is 48 metres.

It'll be 5 metres smaller than the Spurs stadium, but still at least 4 metres taller than every other Anfield stand bar the Main Stand which is 48 metres.

That is mainly due the upturned roof line, which is raised quite high above the stadium. The 2 new stands at Anfield are significantly larger in terms of capacity/numbers of rows. Similar for Spurs new ground.