New Everton Stadium Discussion

One thing I've noticed (not sure if anyone else has) is how the Leitch pattern in the brick facade isn't really coming through.

Appreciate there's only a small section of the facade up so far, and it should be subtle otherwise it would look a bit weird, but so far I can't see it at all.

Anyone else noticed this? ?

It may come through more when the uniform metal sheeting is fixed in between but at the moment it looks so subtle as to almost have no discernable effect.

View attachment 194792View attachment 194793

Isn't the pattern on the black steel in the gaps not the brick?

Isn't the pattern on the black steel in the gaps not the brick?
The pattern ran across both the brick and metal panels in the first planning submission but the pattern was enlarged and dropped from the metal panels in the later submission as consultees felt the facade needed simplifying.

I agree that it needs to be subtle, like a shadow rather than a bold pattern, but at the moment I'm struggling to make it out at all!

Davek will be happy though ?
Screenshot_20221205-102935_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

The pattern ran across both the brick and metal panels in the first planning submission but the pattern was enlarged and dropped from the metal panels in the later submission as consultees felt the facade needed simplifying.

I agree that it needs to be subtle, like a shadow rather than a bold pattern, but at the moment I'm struggling to make it out at all!

Davek will be happy though ?View attachment 194819

Think I prefer it with subtle hints as opposed to all over the brick work. Makes it fit in more with the brick warehousing and probably won't age well.

Think I prefer it with subtle hints as opposed to all over the brick work. Makes it fit in more with the brick warehousing and probably won't age well.
These screenshots are taken from the latest official video on the stadium website. You can see the darker bricks are there, but they are so subtle that I think the effect is lost.

Anyway, not something I will lose sleep over, but seems like a lot of effort for little pay off at the moment. ?
Screenshot_20221205-105342_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20221205-105340_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20221205-105344_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20221205-105349_Samsung Internet.jpg

These screenshots are taken from the latest official video on the stadium website. You can see the darker bricks are there, but they are so subtle that I think the effect is lost.

Anyway, not something I will lose sleep over, but seems like a lot of effort for little pay off at the moment. ?View attachment 194844View attachment 194845View attachment 194846View attachment 194847
Not a huge fan of the bricks but understand why they have been used. Would have preferred perforated wall cladding so you could light up from base to roof.

One thing I've noticed (not sure if anyone else has) is how the Leitch pattern in the brick facade isn't really coming through.

Appreciate there's only a small section of the facade up so far, and it should be subtle otherwise it would look a bit weird, but so far I can't see it at all.

Anyone else noticed this? ?

It may come through more when the uniform metal sheeting is fixed in between but at the moment it looks so subtle as to almost have no discernable effect.

View attachment 194792View attachment 194793
I certainly can't see it in these images - I preferred the original overt effect tbh. One thing that I am finding distracting right now is the noticeably darker shade of brickwork on the first panel (left upper) and fourth panel (lower).

Not a huge fan of the bricks but understand why they have been used. Would have preferred perforated wall cladding so you could light up from base to roof.
Yeah, brick was always going to be used to link the new structure to it's surroundings and IMO a fully modern design would never have got through the planning process. The black metal panels are perforated though so may still be the lighting opportunity you speak of albeit more subtle. I'm not sure about the plans for lighting effects although there may be a document in the planning submission that has more detail.

I certainly can't see it in these images - I preferred the original overt effect tbh. One thing that I am finding distracting right now is the noticeably darker shade of brickwork on the first panel (left upper) and fourth panel (lower).
That bothered me too but it doesn't look as bad on the picture below.

Hopefully it will look uniform.

Screenshot_20221205-105349_Samsung Internet.jpg

Look at the space inside! We won't recognise ourselves when not squashed like sardines in a can.

Am I being thick, like mega thick here but...
If the bricks are too suble where you cant actaully see pattern,

can the bricks not be painted at a later date to enhance it?

Of course they can and when they look really old and rotten probably Bill Kenwright the third will come along and pebble dash it with blue chippings. So don't worry.