New Everton Stadium Discussion

This all gets so boring. I am far from an arbiter on this forum, but it would be great to just have some sense on what gets put in here.

1. The stadium is happening
2. Redevelopment of Goodison isn't.
3. @Tom Hughes is a great poster who is hugely knowledgeable on stadia construction and the redevelopment opportunities that have/havent been taken.
4. Tom isn't proposing we sack off the whole stadium build and stay at Goodison, and it is right not to ignore the decision process that has led us to this point. there may be differences of opinion on these specific points, but it doesnt have to be a case of 'redevelopment was possible, therefore the new build was a mistake'. Redeveloment being possible, and new build being good can co-exist as thought processes, even within the confines of one persons mind.

Getting to this point is a positive for some, and not for others. There are many reasons behind that. Tom has a lot of background for what has gone before, we should be valuing his input, not using it as an opportunity to have a pop.

There is a lot said on this forum and in this thread, but it seems unfair to me that in many case, people ask questions or make points about the stadium which Tom answers using his own experience as a basis. The loop begins, Tom ends up further explaining his position and then people moan at him for 'not wanting Everton to move' ad infinitum.

So boring.
Precisely.... thank you!

Weird in this thread today. Tommy H seems to think we could stop building that already massive thing at the docks and just evict a couple of streets of families to build a massive shed on the side of Goodison because apparently it's not too late?! This is Ricky Ryder levels in here.

That's plain misrepresentation.... Where have I said any of that? I haven't!

Been there many times. Never noticed anything..Sure Titanic residents would have complained by now...

Hit and miss really with the smell, somedays its horrible while others barely noticeable at all, tends to be worse further up than the titanic end though.

Imagine with around 55-60k people in the area on a match day the smell will be masked though and not that noticeable most match days

Hit and miss really with the smell, somedays its horrible while others barely noticeable at all, tends to be worse further up than the titanic end though.

Imagine with around 55-60k people in the area on a match day the smell will be masked though and not that noticeable most match days

Anyone complaining about the smell clearly hasn’t experience the chippy farts inside Goodison for a Saturday lunch time kick off.

The smell of the sweet mary jane will mask any odor from the waste center anyway.

Maybe not worth stressing about why not Goodison and why BMD. Going by this we all better start saving even those in poor seats like me!

Isn’t the captains table just a paid bar in the park end or is it a meal etc too?
Can’t believe access to a paid private bar will be £9k
Equally can’t believe a full dining job in GP is only £2k.
No wonder we can’t afford to pay the likes of James £500k per week.