New Everton Stadium Discussion

Reckon you could do one with either/both of the side stands?

I'll give it a go, as the only real measurement I can use is the top of the main stand roof it will have to be that side else it would just be guessing with the tools at my disposal.

I have copied a picture off the Internet showing a central view of the main stand but it only shows a tiny part of the PE/GS ends, if anyone has a wide angle picture of it from the front (& centre) of the bullens that they can post here it would be useful just so you can clearly compare.

Reckon you could do one with either/both of the side stands?

By my reckoning it will look something like this...

BM West stand in Goodison.jpg

As is now for comparison...just wish it was a wider view so you could see the full side profile of the ends.

Screenshot_20230407_222558_Gallery.jpg

These comparisons with GP make me worry that there aren't enough exits/vomitoria for the upper levels at BMD. It can take ages to get onto the concourse at GP, so I don't see how it will work better at BMD.

These comparisons with GP make me worry that there aren't enough exits/vomitoria for the upper levels at BMD. It can take ages to get onto the concourse at GP, so I don't see how it will work better at BMD.

Its all been factored into design mate. Meis spoke about it in depth during a podcast with Darren "our chairman's listening" Griffiths. He said they can't just randomly make a number and a lot of things are factored in.

My guess is it looks like less exits but they'll be more spacious so people will be able to depart, enter quicker. He said H&S is all factored into it with the design work factoring in where rhe exits go etc.

Its all been factored into design mate. Meis spoke about it in depth during a podcast with Darren "our chairman's listening" Griffiths. He said they can't just randomly make a number and a lot of things are factored in.

My guess is it looks like less exits but they'll be more spacious so people will be able to depart, enter quicker. He said H&S is all factored into it with the design work factoring in where rhe exits go etc.
Also factored in extra numbers due from any future change in safe standing legislation.
Think it was @Jacko93 who explained it in some detail earlier in the thread

I'm sure they have done "the math", but apart from the very large exits by the director's box they don't look that much bigger. Maybe it is an optical illusion because the stands are so much larger.

I have stated on a few occasions that the biggest issue in many cases for safe standing is the capacity of the facilities. You can not seat 60k if you only have amenieties for 50k. Thats why the ground wasnt designed as a 60k stadium, but rather 53k. The stadium will be more intimate as it can, potentially, host a larger number of fans on a smaller terrace. For eg. If you took all the seats of the Gwladys street and made it all standing, you couldn't get any more people in the ground, as you are bound by provision of toilets, food/drink, and access/egress issues. I put together a post on it a while back, with sketches.
There we go.
Nice one Jacko

Also factored in extra numbers due from any future change in safe standing legislation.
Think it was @Jacko93 who explained it in some detail earlier in the thread

Between me counting the seats, you adding any wood structure required and Jacko sorting the exits, I think we've got this stadium build well under control mate.

250m to finish it? No chance, about £300.00 worth of seats, a couple of sockets and yellow paint for the exits and it's sorted.

Oh and some garden seeds from Taskers

The pinch points at GP aren't the vomitoria (had to Google that name) in my opinion, it's what comes immediately after.

In a lot of the stands you go through the exits and straight into busy queues. The worst by far is the upper bullens and Street end, the corridor behind the exits gets backed up as people then walk along to the exits.

From the plans it looks like bmd opens out significantly after those exits