New Everton Stadium

From time to time, it plays on my mind that I'm not going be able to get a ticket for the first ever game at Bramley Moore.

Simply, because I don't go the games. Thank God. Though I do show up to every game, placed infront of a laptop screen waiting to get my painful fix of blue time.

I know I don't deserve a ticket anymore, but still feel like I'm owed one, to share that initial, historic moment at our new home, especially considering the pain this club has caused me.

Do you feel me, bro? :Blink:
I have this horrible thought. My Dad said to me a while back.. ‘I want to goto the last game at Goodison and the first at Bramley Moore. It’s stuck with me and I need to make sure it happens.

There is a pretty large issue with people crossing the strand in all honesty, that's straight from the Police Commissioners mouth, they haven't long been looking at methods to reduce traffic at closing time for certain events, or to add local/direct control of manned crossing systems.

As it happens, it is probably rather unsurprising that some events offer bigger challenges than others. 10K at a CBeebies concert create less issue than 10k at the darts, for example. Football wont be such an issue with a smaller percentage of inebriated individuals though

50k though, who's main route is an almost immediate crossing of the main City thoroughfare would have been an issue. At least with BMD, people will dissipate along the length of the walk so they don't all arrive en masse at 2 pedestrian crossings.

I don't see closing the Strand for 10-15mins to let the bulk cross en masse as a major issue tbh. There are also several crossing points along its full length and people can also filter north and south along the waterfront much more easily too, as there is less restrictions. There is also far greater permeability, with multiple roads leading inland to the various transport hubs and amenities in the city centre. The Strand is essentially also part of a city centre ring road, thus offering alternate routing, which is why it is regularly closed for hours for major events.

However, the bigger benefit was that everyone within the city region has access to a single journey, bus, train ferry services to within easy walking distance of the site, meaning far less congestion from private car usage that could be the case for any less well served site. The key for all that is public transport accessibility/capacity, and that cannot be matched at any other site in the city. The hope is that Shuttle buses and the northern line can close some of that gap to help reverse a lot of people's car-led match-going habits.

I don't see closing the Strand for 10-15mins to let the bulk cross en masse as a major issue tbh. There are also several crossing points along its full length and people can also filter north and south along the waterfront much more easily too, as there is less restrictions. There is also far greater permeability, with multiple roads leading inland to the various transport hubs and amenities in the city centre. The Strand is essentially also part of a city centre ring road, thus offering alternate routing, which is why it is regularly closed for hours for major events.

However, the bigger benefit was that everyone within the city region has access to a single journey, bus, train ferry services to within easy walking distance of the site, meaning far less congestion from private car usage that could be the case for any less well served site. The key for all that is public transport accessibility/capacity, and that cannot be matched at any other site in the city. The hope is that Shuttle buses and the northern line can close some of that gap to help reverse a lot of people's car-led match-going habits.

Just buy Terrys Timber and use it as a bus terminal……..it would be peanuts in the greater scheme of things….

People say they remember where they were when Kennedy was shot or when 9/11 happened.

I remember where I was when a boat approached BMD

1st grain of sand entered the dock

1st piece of wall

Christ I need a life.

UTFTs
It’s unreal to be fair
From relocating fishes to state of the art fanzones.

It looks like we’ve got something massively right

I have this horrible thought. My Dad said to me a while back.. ‘I want to goto the last game at Goodison and the first at Bramley Moore. It’s stuck with me and I need to make sure it happens.

Problem is one hundred thousand toffees are going to be thinking the exact same thing.

Indeed, just imagine if we had something similar for the build and future development of GP……

Think of the worst tear inducing film you've seen then times that by ten when you see bulldozers and other machinery hack away at the stands. 🥺

Re naming rights. Is there any chance the USM thing could happen again if the war ended in say, the next 12 months? Or is Russia money cancelled for the foreseeable?

The kings dock looked fantastic. But I still don’t know how it would have worked. The arena there currently holds 10,000 and when it’s full, the traffic and pedestrians is a nightmare. Times that by more than 5 it would have been chaos. Yeah would have had transport links but still would have been a major issue on a match day. Even worse on Saturday with people going the shops in town.

Kings dock echo arena has been an absolutely disaster.

It's a cheaply built arena built on what could have been a fantastic landmark.

The same people have worked there since it was constructed and it's suffered massively due to it. They're counted as council workers when really they're all crap at their jobs and they're a disgrace to the city.

It's full of voids (empty areas which could have been utilised) and not made an effort to improve transport links to it, infact they built an ugly multi story car park next to it?

Why does it struggle to attract acts over Manchester? Who are again are building another arena (co-op) which will further make this flat pack crap redundant.

How did Everton struggle to get the stadium built when that thing was able to get a copy and paste of the car park opposite the sir Thomas hotel on Victoria st?

Flatten the echo arena and make it something worth while to the city.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back