New Everton Stadium

You can't counter or refute any actual points I've made.... so, all you've got is to accuse me of "talking up LFC" as some kind of school yard defamation of character.

Clearly, my post was in response to Binman on the issue of cost effectiveness of both approaches to stadium renewal. LFC are the nearest and most recent direct comparison, with which most are fairly familiar.... as I stated, I could've repeated that process for almost any number of other large clubs.

So, I find it utterly bizarre.... that given our current precarious financial/footballing predicament, which is in no small part due to the vast disparity in expenditure of our approach and our car-crash economics, that your only response is a name-calling accusation of.... I'm "talking up LFC". While Rome burns?!
There are a few key difference to the Anfield work, namely their work is an extension, I believe much of ours would have to have been a rebuild to make the best of any opportunity.

But mad that people are upset at you using Anfield as a comparison when they are doing pretty much exactly what you are using as an argument. It's a no brainer that Anfield would be part of the conversation.

You can't counter or refute any actual points I've made.... so, all you've got is to accuse me of "talking up LFC" as some kind of school yard defamation of character.

Clearly, my post was in response to Binman on the issue of cost effectiveness of both approaches to stadium renewal. LFC are the nearest and most recent direct comparison, with which most are fairly familiar.... as I stated, I could've repeated that process for almost any number of other large clubs.

So, I find it utterly bizarre.... that given our current precarious financial/footballing predicament, which is in no small part due to the vast disparity in expenditure of our approach and our car-crash economics, that your only response is a name-calling accusation of.... I'm "talking up LFC". While Rome burns?!
We are where we are though so continually going over a past decision which has already been made and can’t be changed seems like a very questionable use of everyone’s time. Why are you so desperate to not only be proved to be correct by the facts but to also have public recognition that you were correct all along?

I think a lot of people have the same concern where if they do go to premium and then want to drop down does that mean you lose your ST? Hopefully someone has asked that question and we can get an answer.

You'd imagine the east stand might be a bit cheaper than the west so it's good to see prices around the 2k mark which gives hope that we could get that down a bit further elsewhere.
The Trinity in the East Stand has already sold out.

All league and cup games. Set table,3 course meal and full drinks package 4.5k+VAT

I think a lot of people have the same concern where if they do go to premium and then want to drop down does that mean you lose your ST? Hopefully someone has asked that question and we can get an answer.

You'd imagine the east stand might be a bit cheaper than the west so it's good to see prices around the 2k mark which gives hope that we could get that down a bit further elsewhere.

Regular STs will likely sell out aswell, may end up on a waiting list should you want to drop down. Imagine demand will drop after a few seasons though, unless we change our fortunes on the pitch.

Not that interested in corporate or 'light' corporate tickets myself. Been to a few games in the lounges over the years, but would bore easily going into the ground hours before the game every week. Not sure what price a standard ST will be, I'm expecting them to be at least £790, though probably a couple quid more than that. May work out better paying a little extra if your making a day of it every game.

I’m not talking about the just that recent response. I didn’t even bother reading all of it.

I can refute loads of what I’ve read from you.

One example is when you said Goodison has loads of empty seats and theirs no demand for tickets. Absolute 100% bollocks.

Another example is you claiming it’s better not to have the first row as close as possible to the touch line. Well Populous who built Spurs stadium disagree. So does Meis. I’m sure you’ll respond with some war and peace length reply claiming you’re right and the world renowned architects are wrong. It’s what you do.

It seems just about everyone on here considers you a “wet blanket” are you really arrogant enough to think that everyone else is wrong and you’re right? Really?

The only time I have ever, ever seen you say anything positive is when you’re talking about Goodison (or anything LFC does)

It’s almost like you have a bee in your bonnet about something….

Is that all they are doing in the east stand or will there be other sections?
Yeah there will be because the Trinity takes up a small section in the hospitality area. I think the rest is made up of packages similar to the one mentioned earlier today.

The marked bit is the Trinity.

Attachments

• IMG_2454.jpeg
    IMG_2454.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 37
Yeah there will be because the Trinity takes up a small section in the hospitality area. I think the rest is made up of packages similar to the one mentioned earlier today.

The marked bit is the Trinity.

Thanks. Perhaps might not be cheaper than the 2k options high up in the west stand then as they are in a fairly central position in the lower stand.

It does look though if you are in the upper West stand corners presumably everything in the middle will be heading to the private bars, so as long as they do put enough toilets and concession stands at those ends it might feel very roomy with a chance of being served and relieved in good time. That said it appears to be an older layout so hopefully won't have changed too much.

Perhaps the same way they did with the dozens of houses that were on the Park end in the 90s and no-one said anything about what-so-ever..... not necessarily like when the whole one side of the Gwladys St was knocked down in the 30s to build the upper Gwladys st and turn GP into the finest football stadium in the country, that everyone had also forgotten about.

Personally, I'd like to think they would be very well remunerated given the hundreds of £millions saved. After all these are literally the cheapest houses next to any football stadium in the country. Perhaps if you asked those people, they would'nt thank anyone for stopping them getting such a one-off windfall.

Those houses were owned by the club.

I’m not talking about the just that recent response. I didn’t even bother reading all of it.

I can refute loads of what I’ve read from you.

One example is when you said Goodison has loads of empty seats and theirs no demand for tickets. Absolute 100% bollocks.

Another example is you claiming it’s better not to have the first row as close as possible to the touch line. Well Populous who built Spurs stadium disagree. So does Meis. I’m sure you’ll respond with some war and peace length reply claiming you’re right and the world renowned architects are wrong. It’s what you do.

It seems just about everyone on here considers you a “wet blanket” are you really arrogant enough to think that everyone else is wrong and you’re right? Really?

The only time I have ever, ever seen you say anything positive is when you’re talking about Goodison (or anything LFC does)

It’s almost like you have a bee in your bonnet about something….

You "didnt even read it".... but had to respond? I'm afraid that suggests only you have a bee in your bonnet.

Actually, there were lots of tickets unsold on the resale site for our last game with over 1000 down on previous attendance. As there was quite regularly on its previous incarnation....I know because I regularly have spares. So it would appear that you cannot even refute that one....

I said extreme closeness to the pitch is often a misplaced obsession. Populous didn't recommend 4.5 m at all, that was more a club stipulation to secure that headline criteria. Populous tend to use much bigger gaps... indeed as they have on all other sides of NWHL and every other stadium they've ever built, so were they wrong doing that everywhere else? The geometry of sightline modelling is pretty simple tbh and doesn't require any great expertise and I have surveyed and modelled many stands in the UK and visited nearly all league clubs. If you were stuck in the corner at Bramhall Lane like I was last week, you'd know the folly of wanting the front row right on top of the pitch.... unless of course your eyeline is 1 ft above the pitch at the front.

Have you anything else apart from personal insult or thinking you speak for the rest of the forum?

We are where we are though so continually going over a past decision which has already been made and can’t be changed seems like a very questionable use of everyone’s time. Why are you so desperate to not only be proved to be correct by the facts but to also have public recognition that you were correct all along?

Why are you addressing that to me....? I was responding directly to other people's posts on the subject. I never brought it up. Should you be questioning them first for doing so? Perhaps even asking why anyone would still be peddling the same Kenwright, Wyness, Elstone propaganda about redevelopment from the Destination Kirkby days? With maths that is as nonsensical now as it was then!?

Could it be that some now think that the arse has fallen out of dreams of nirvana and they need to comfort themselves in that same lie?

As I said.... all while Rome burns!

Yes, decisions have been made but the funding model collapsed 18 months ago.... (earlier in reality) and has been instrumental in our current predicament. We may still have to find another £300m fuel to throw on that fire..... Gone are the days of those insisting Moshiri was a multi-Billionaire and would cover it!

We are now in the realms of hoping that we survive our current severely hamstrung state while firmly in a relegation zone (Again) and that somehow we complete this build, so that the new stadium effect increases our value sufficiently to bridge those debts.... or at least attract a new owner who can.

Not beyond reason, but it feels a bit like diving a stalled aircraft to restart the engine, when there doesn't appear to be much altitude left.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back