New Everton Stadium Discussion

I don’t care what anyone says about Moshiri and the ten points, for me with this stadium this guy has given us what no other person in living memory has done for us……

Totally agree. While it would have obviously been nice to have a decent team and no points deduction to go along with it as well, if we ride out the storm this will all seem like a distant memory in a few years time. Form is temporary, we need the foundations to be right to have a consistent chance of competing and that stadium will still be here for the rest of all our lifetimes. And let's face it before Moshiri turned up if we did move it would be 1) not in that location and 2) it would have been a cheap generic building. We get to be the ones for once inside, with a warm fire and array of food on the table, instead of the ones looking in enviously from the outside in the cold.

While we are not out of the woods yet things will seem hard but hopefully some country or very wealthy individual who has links to non Russian businesses to sponsor us, is pulled in by the stadium to sort us out.

It'll do my head in until the stadium is finished and someone sits there and tells me it's not obstructed lol
I've raised this before earlier in the thread. The only view that wall will obstruct is a small section of the south stand if your right next to it. That whole area is behind the goal line and the end seats will be placed away from the wall so it won't obstruct a view of the pitch.

There is a model of the entire stadium in 3D, it will be possible to see the view from every seat in the stadium. There is absolutely zero chance of there being an obstructed view of the pitch.

1700796066283.png
1700796377866.png

I don’t care what anyone says about Moshiri and the ten points, for me with this stadium this guy has given us what no other person in living memory has done for us……
I agree, i hope though that he has actually 'given' it to us and not saddled the club with an unsustainable debt until the end of the next millennia.

Totally agree. While it would have obviously been nice to have a decent team and no points deduction to go along with it as well, if we ride out the storm this will all seem like a distant memory in a few years time. Form is temporary, we need the foundations to be right to have a consistent chance of competing and that stadium will still be here for the rest of all our lifetimes. And let's face it before Moshiri turned up if we did move it would be 1) not in that location and 2) it would have been a cheap generic building. We get to be the ones for once inside, with a warm fire and array of food on the table, instead of the ones looking in enviously from the outside in the cold.

While we are not out of the woods yet things will seem hard but hopefully some country or very wealthy individual who has links to non Russian businesses to sponsor us, is pulled in by the stadium to sort us out.
Yer, i was devastated when Kings dock fell through. Every time i walk past that crappy echo arena i was gutted. Then the whole disaster that would have been Tesco / Kirkby thing was like a kick in the teeth. Thankfully the corrupt govenment called in the planning and did us a massive favour!

This new stadium, honestly, this sounds a bit sad as its 'only' football but its beyond my wildest dreams. Some saybit should be bigger but i think 60k is enough with safe standing.
Im addicted to Mr Drone, its inspiring stuff for a hopefully positive future. One day it will be the best stadium in the champions league!!

I've raised this before earlier in the thread. The only view that wall will obstruct is a small section of the south stand if your right next to it. That whole area is behind the goal line and the end seats will be placed away from the wall so it won't obstruct a view of the pitch.

There is a model of the entire stadium in 3D, it will be possible to see the view from every seat in the stadium. There is absolutely zero chance of there being an obstructed view of the pitch.

View attachment 236409 View attachment 236410
I hear ya Andy and I see the plans and it still looks like if you were on those back rows, you wouldn't be able to see the opposite side of the pitch.

All information and advice says it'll be fine. But in maccavennies little pea brain, it just doesn't look right lol

There are 2 diagonal rising walls between the lower South and lower East and West terraces, right on the join. They are there because of the difference in rake of the 2 stands and people seem to think it will be obstructed view, but as far as i can tell, they are both behind the goal line, so should not be an issue. If anything, it might stop a few people being able to see the south stand, but wont obstruct the pitch.

Similar to Chelsea?

Yer, i was devastated when Kings dock fell through. Every time i walk past that crappy echo arena i was gutted. Then the whole disaster that would have been Tesco / Kirkby thing was like a kick in the teeth. Thankfully the corrupt govenment called in the planning and did us a massive favour!

This new stadium, honestly, this sounds a bit sad as its 'only' football but its beyond my wildest dreams. Some saybit should be bigger but i think 60k is enough with safe standing.
Im addicted to Mr Drone, its inspiring stuff for a hopefully positive future. One day it will be the best stadium in the champions league!!

The echo arena was a good idea at the time but it's nothing compared to other arenas, it has boxes but they completely overlooked the corporate side of things - they invested in a VIP bar, which is the size of a bedroom)

Plus transport links, lime st is too far (it has james st but no one is waiting 15-20 mins for a train for 2 stops). Built a brutalist car park (ended up in flames) and now they've built a scaffolding one (copy and paste of the one on victoria st) which is now on the river front?? How they get approval for that I will never know. It's very lucky it has a conference centre and exhibition centre attached but still fails to attract the biggest concerts and events (jarg comic cons etc - Manchester gets the real one in it's old station exhibition centre).

Manchester is already building another one, state of the art with 23,500 seats near man city with brilliant transport links, so we'll now have the third best indoor arena in the north west - by a significant margin.

I'm praying it can be knocked down and replaced with something of more value with respect to the area and kings dock - potentially one near or next to our stadium to help shift the investment that way.

Then again, you know who will try to move in there to rub salt into the 25 year old wound.

The echo arena was a good idea at the time but it's nothing compared to other arenas, it has boxes but they completely overlooked the corporate side of things - they invested in a VIP bar, which is the size of a bedroom)

Plus transport links, lime st is too far (it has james st but no one is waiting 15-20 mins for a train for 2 stops). Built a brutalist car park (ended up in flames) and now they've built a scaffolding one (copy and paste of the one on victoria st) which is now on the river front?? How they get approval for that I will never know. It's very lucky it has a conference centre and exhibition centre attached but still fails to attract the biggest concerts and events (jarg comic cons etc - Manchester gets the real one in it's old station exhibition centre).

Manchester is already building another one, state of the art with 23,500 seats near man city with brilliant transport links, so we'll now have the third best indoor arena in the north west - by a significant margin.

I'm praying it can be knocked down and replaced with something of more value with respect to the area and kings dock - potentially one near or next to our stadium to help shift the investment that way.

Then again, you know who will try to move in there to rub salt into the 25 year old wound.

Too late to edit but this is off Andy Burnham on Manchester getting another £350m arena:

He said: "Look at the size of this place, this is going to make us the music capital of Europe. Obviously, we’ll have venues of all sizes, right from the smallest to this place, the largest in the country, one of the best and biggest in Europe, it’s going to put Manchester in a dominating position on the music map. People in this city region and beyond will come here for decades to come.

I genuinely believe we should have had that title. Hopefully the city swerves standard flats near BMD and gets an arena we can be proud of.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.