New Everton Stadium Discussion

The Bilbao solution is particularly neat and took most of a close season... and I think was surprisingly cheap (€12m in 2014). Our new roof is a combination of cantilever (side stands) and truss supported (end stands), Bilbao's is fully cantilevered.... which might complicate construction slightly. Then it's just a case of if the existing roof is sufficiently over-engineered to support the additional loads. It looks doable to me, but without full modelling it's hard to know.

That looks an abnormal amount of coverage from the roof. Look at a top-down view, the aperture is really small:

IMG_9245.jpeg

That can’t be great for the pitch. The San Siro has notoriously bad sunlight penetration and its aperture looks massive by comparison:

IMG_9246.jpeg

That looks an abnormal amount of coverage from the roof. Look at a top-down view, the aperture is really small:

View attachment 237465

That can’t be great for the pitch. The San Siro has notoriously bad sunlight penetration and its aperture looks massive by comparison:

View attachment 237466
Does this matter anymore? Don't they use use lamps which provide fake sunlight to grow the pitch?

Does this matter anymore? Don't they use use lamps which provide fake sunlight to grow the pitch?
It matters in the age of sustainability and high electricity costs, yes.

The San Siro pitch remains garbage, as far as I’m aware they haven’t fixed it with artificial lighting. They couldn’t even fix it for the Champions League final a few years ago.

You sound like you are an subject matter expert on these things, so ill leave it there as i am just passing an uneducated opinion on various pics ive seen.
Enjoy the game im watching it on the TV and I have the beers cooling in the fridge! Hoping i can enjoy them rather than using alcohol as an anathethetic as is usually the case! 🤣
i’ll ask my brother he’s a brikky/plasterer/kitchen fitter

View attachment 237465

View attachment 237466

Pitch is in good shape at San Mames. The roof lets in sunlight as it’s not completely opaque. Photo from when I went there earlier this year.

IMG_4535.jpeg