New Everton Stadium Discussion

Why would you want to lock it when there's a clan of us who live in here most days as its the only half decent thing to read/watch when it comes to Everton
Each to their own. I just can’t look forward to a stadium when there’s a very real concern that we will be relegated and/or enter administration before then.

Especially when the stadium is a major reason for those worries.

Each to their own. I just can’t look forward to a stadium when there’s a very real concern that we will be relegated and/or enter administration before then.

Especially when the stadium is a major reason for those worries.

Best thing to do mate is stay out of this thread until the time (hopefully comes!) that it's built and we are in there.

In the meantime I'm going to continue to complain that there's deffo 2 seats in the away end that are obstructed until @muckers sits on the seat on his lunch break and tells me it's absolutely fine lol

I'm willing to bet my house on the fact that that there won't be a single seat in the entire stadium with an obstructed view of the pitch.

As @maccavennie posted, here are some screenshots I took before the seats went in. Zoom in and look how high that platform wall is. If you are sat down right next to it, or even as much as a few seats besides are you are not seeing the corner of the pitch beyond the wall...

Screenshot_20231118_080825_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20231118_080853_YouTube.jpg

It's not a huge amount of seats though and it's the away end anyhow. How many clubs bring the full allocation?

As @maccavennie posted, here are some screenshots I took before the seats went in. Zoom in and look how high that platform wall is. If you are sat down right next to it, or even as much as a few seats besides are you are not seeing the corner of the pitch beyond the wall...

View attachment 246566
View attachment 246567

It's not a huge amount of seats though and it's the away end anyhow. How many clubs bring the full allocation?
Given that section is the away fans, and there needs to be seperation to the home fans, the only way they would be obstructed and not designed out is if they aren't being used and will remain empty.

That being said, I'm still willing to bet they're not obstructed views.

The stadium is modelled in a complete 3D Environment, everything down to the last screw, nut and bolt. There is no way that sight lines at locations such as that haven't been checked and any issues rectified at design stage. We won't have designed in any obstructed view seats.

Given that section is the away fans, and there needs to be seperation to the home fans, the only way they would be obstructed and not designed out is if they aren't being used and will remain empty.

That being said, I'm still willing to bet they're not obstructed views.

The stadium is modelled in a complete 3D Environment, everything down to the last screw, nut and bolt. There is no way that sight lines at locations such as that haven't been checked and any issues rectified at design stage. We won't have designed in any obstructed view seats.
Would be good to get a look at a 3D model, put everyone’s mind at rest about this!

I’m with you. Restricted views in a purpose-built-from-the-ground-up, 21st century stadium just aren’t a thing.

View attachment 246566
View attachment 246567

Reminded me of the old Leeds away end (corner, upper tier). Bloody executive boxes to the left meant you'd get neck strain trying to look around it lol

Would be good to get a look at a 3D model, put everyone’s mind at rest about this!

I’m with you. Restricted views in a purpose-built-from-the-ground-up, 21st century stadium just aren’t a thing.
I'd love to get my hands on that 3D BIM model!

People are welcome to disagree with me but i can't see how or why we would make a decision to introduce seats with restricted views. It's insane.

So, in my opinion, they either aren't restricted OR they won't be used as, based on the location, they are along the line between home and away supporters which would ordinarilly be left empty for separation purposes.

I'd love to get my hands on that 3D BIM model!

People are welcome to disagree with me but i can't see how or why we would make a decision to introduce seats with restricted views. It's insane.

So, in my opinion, they either aren't restricted OR they won't be used as, based on the location, they are along the line between home and away supporters which would ordinarilly be left empty for separation purposes.

More the latter than the former. I'll knock something up tomorrow which will prove it will bugger up the sightlines for people sat there. If you think when you're at the match and someone just off to the side in the row in front stands up, even though you are still higher than that person when you look down at the touchline closest to you, they have blocked some of it. Now just imagine something that is way bigger and stretches out for several rows in front of you.

It's just a poorly designed part of the stadium, that they haven't tried to resolve because it's for the away fans. They could have angled off the corner of the disability platform to get around the problem. The platform itself is a barrier between the sets of fans so at that point they don't need the line of stewards that you would get below it. Of course the stewards might just sit in the worst offending seats, just from my pov if you get a side that only bring say a thousand fans, won't we be trying to use some of that area?

It's not a big issue though, I would guess at a maximum 30 seats could be affected.