New Everton Stadium Discussion

At least 60,000 but I admit I got that wrong.
I bet my dad's bigger than your dad, wtf is thew point of this argument? there have been plenty of stadia at tournaments that aren't actually very big; they're big enough but have character. That'll be BMD, and its been chosen as a venue for the next euros so I dont really get your point fellow blue.

I bet my dad's bigger than your dad, wtf is thew point of this argument? there have been plenty of stadia at tournaments that aren't actually very big; they're big enough but have character. That'll be BMD, and its been chosen as a venue for the next euros so I dont really get your point fellow blue.
I want BMD to host WC semi finals just like Goodison Park did...however, it seems our capacity isn;t big enough.

it'd be nice yeah but at the end of the day, I care much more about everton and a 53k BMD looks like it suits our purpose much more than a 60k BMD
Goodison Park hosted WC Semis,,,in fact the only club ground in the UK to still boast this...now we are downsizing to a groumd that will barely get group games...plus the BMD pitch isnt big enough to host 5 a side never mind top tournement football.

Goodison Park hosted WC Semis,,,in fact the only club ground in the UK to still boast this...now we are downsizing to a groumd that will barely get group games...plus the BMD pitch isnt big enough to host 5 a side never mind top tournement football.

What about Anfield Eddy, what's your true feelings on that stadium?

By the way going from 39k to near 53k isn't downgrading. Our pitch is big enough to hold these tournament matches which means it's bigger than a few that missed out due to field size. Just to point out our stadium could be 75k and it still wouldn't hold a semi final. Whenever there is a tournament in this country, Wembley will have both of those and the final. So it would be pointless going over what we need and still not get anymore than what we can get now.

Think ive mentioned it before but its even more obvious now, the 2 disabled sections at the front of the South Stand will take alot away from how intimidating the stand is. A little section behind the goal is now all there is left going down to pitch level.
Its gone from being the biggest single stand in the country to medium side double decker stand (yes i know its a wall but its still 2 stands)

Think ive mentioned it before but its even more obvious now, the 2 disabled sections at the front of the South Stand will take alot away from how intimidating the stand is. A little section behind the goal is now all there is left going down to pitch level.
Its gone from being the biggest single stand in the country to medium side double decker stand (yes i know its a wall but its still 2 stands)
Disabled ultras might make a lot of noise - some of them get well into it

I read an interview with Meis a few years ago where he said the single tier stand was more of an optical illusion as there is a split down the middle

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.