New Everton Stadium Discussion

Think ive mentioned it before but its even more obvious now, the 2 disabled sections at the front of the South Stand will take alot away from how intimidating the stand is. A little section behind the goal is now all there is left going down to pitch level.
Its gone from being the biggest single stand in the country to medium side double decker stand (yes i know its a wall but its still 2 stands)

No, as seating extends down at both corners.

Even without those three rows of seats, it’s still very close to the pitch from the back of those sections.

IMG_8509.jpeg

One of the drone lads who were invited to the stadium might be able to answer this. As regards the escalators which go up to the first level in the South Stand, apparently they are double. Do we know if that means there are 2 escalators side by side or are they double width, so that 4 instead of 2 people could stand on each tread? Just curious. Thanks.

One of the drone lads who were invited to the stadium might be able to answer this. As regards the escalators which go up to the first level in the South Stand, apparently they are double. Do we know if that means there are 2 escalators side by side or are they double width, so that 4 instead of 2 people could stand on each tread? Just curious. Thanks.
Won’t that just mean 2 escalators next to each other, like you get on the Tube in London?

No, as seating extends down at both corners.

Even without those three rows of seats, it’s still very close to the pitch from the back of those sections.

View attachment 264533
I think those areas shouldn't be used for disabled seating either. You want to see the most hostile, intimidating, mass of degenerate humanity go absolutely wild in those areas. (so difficult not to refer to 'limbs' here).

Then again, without these areas behind the goal we would miss out on footballs funniest miracles. Seeing lads in wheelchairs being suddenly cured when there's a dramatic late winner. Praise the lord.

One thing which has suddenly struck me as 'missing' (and maybe there are cosmetic additions planned in towards the end of the build...) is branding. There's no royal blue around the stadium exterior (I have no problem with this btw, the aesthetics are ace) or club badges etc.

There's nothing obvious which says 'this is Everton's new stadium'. The only real obvious hint that I can see which suggests which club are going to be homed here are the blue seats coupled with knowing what the dockside Liverpool skyline looks like.

I know in some of the original drawings, the word 'Everton' was going to be written across the glass panes (I wanna say on the North stand maybe?). I've seen that many videos, maybe there's something hiding in plain sight, but do we know if there's anything like that to be put in at a later date?

One thing which has suddenly struck me as 'missing' (and maybe there are cosmetic additions planned in towards the end of the build...) is branding. There's no royal blue around the stadium exterior (I have no problem with this btw, the aesthetics are ace) or club badges etc.

There's nothing obvious which says 'this is Everton's new stadium'. The only real obvious hint that I can see which suggests which club are going to be homed here are the blue seats coupled with knowing what the dockside Liverpool skyline looks like.

I know in some of the original drawings, the word 'Everton' was going to be written across the glass panes (I wanna say on the North stand maybe?). I've seen that many videos, maybe there's something hiding in plain sight, but do we know if there's anything like that to be put in at a later date?
I'd imagine that's the last bits and bobs to go in mate.

I also think that a lot of that stuff will be temporary. The stadium will be dressed as Everton's stadium for matches etc but I think it will be done up differently for concerts, exhibitions and the like. Total guess on my part but I think that is why it hasn't been painted blue. The panels are black, for example. The blue lighting will look great on a match day, darks winter's afternoon and night match particularly.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.