New Everton Stadium

How dare he try to make a living doing a job he loves that requires him to market himself and thus have a public persona? Why can’t he just be a nice amateur flying his drone over fences and through windows rather than a dastardly professional drone pilot selling his services? Why is he trying to get some credit when he is voluntarily documenting BMD in his spare time as an Evertonian for no reward? What is he thinking about trying to keep a roof over the heads/food on the table of his family by getting his brand better known as he does it? What an absolute scoundrel and total Tory he must be.
Give over. You make him out to be some sort of hero. He seems like the sort of fella who doesn't buy lunch, he just hoovers up biscuits and cakes that other people bring in to work.

I bet he's signed autographs.

Come on mate, he absolutely is full of himself. He starts every video saying "This is the latest video by Me, Mr Drone".

Yes, we know who you are Clem Fandango.

On another video some time ago, he actually said something along the lines of "What a stadium. What a drone pilot".

And finally, he turned up for a ground tour in a Mr Drone branded high viz.

He also sells Mr Drone Merch.

Absolute helmet.
I would imagine it's his livelihood.
He has a brand he's promoting.
No one is paying him to do the BMD footage. Sure, he gets youtube ad revenue but aside from that, he uses it for brand recognition.
When I first saw him, I thought 'fair play'.
He does screw up info from time to time but he readily admits that.
His stuff is well edited and he has a natural relaxed style.
He also genuinely seems to love the city and Everton and that comes across.

I also like the way, when he gets interrupted, he's polite and cordial.

I would imagine it's his livelihood.
He has a brand he's promoting.
No one is paying him to do the BMD footage. Sure, he gets youtube ad revenue but aside from that, he uses it for brand recognition.
When I first saw him, I thought 'fair play'.
He does screw up info from time to time but he readily admits that.
His stuff is well edited and he has a natural relaxed style.
He also genuinely seems to love the city and Everton and that comes across.

I also like the way, when he gets interrupted, he's polite and cordial.
Well no, because if you had watched his videos, and i actually have, you would know that he often goes before or after work, so it's not his livelyhood. It's a hobby and he has been asking people to buy him pints etc, had free tickets to matches (which hes asked for) and sells merchandise.

Apart from Allen, i can't see who on earth would buy Mr Drone related hats or clothes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for all the amazing footage I've been able to watch over the years, but he's not the only 1 who does it, and of all the people who do, he certainly seems to have the biggest ego and generally talks the most garbage.

Well harsh some of this criticism of Mister Drone UK, and in bad taste I must add (unless there is something I'm missing).

This is a guy who very obviously started making local drone videos for a hobby, with little expectation of making any kind of money off his videos - and he probably wasn't arsed either way.

Since the new stadium project he's taken it much more seriously, with videos filmed at regular intervals each week to capture the build and progress, for himself but more importantly for the fans, and he's seen an opportunity to monetise that - as everybody should.

He's spent many hundreds of hours at the site, and even more than that editing and uploading his footage. His videos don't get hundreds of thousands of views so what he receives directly from YouTube will probably cover the cost for his drone insurance each month and that's probably about it. Maybe a chippy tea for the family twice a month as well.

In terms of merchandise, it isn't about people wanting to go round sporting Mister Drone UK hats or t-shirts, rather it's a way to give back to him instead of directly putting money his way, which people obviously can via his Buy Me A Coffee link.

He might be a bellend for all I know, but he definitely doesn't come across as one. I'd hazard a guess that he's just a passionate Blue that enjoys flying a drone and saw an opportunity to make a bit of cash in return for sharing footage of a historical build that's he's invested several years into.

Once the stadium is done his channel is basically no longer needed unless he wants to diversify which he probably doesn't as imo he's never thought he'd make a career of YouTube.

Fair play to him. I'm very thankful for his work.

The stadium is getting massive stainless steel Everton badges on the corners of the west and east stand.
Hope they are removable ones, so that when we change our crap badge, new ones can go up. And before you ask, yes, I hate our badge (not what it stands for obviously) but its awful design. And no, I do NOT like the silly tower alternative from the third kit.

Well harsh some of this criticism of Mister Drone UK, and in bad taste I must add (unless there is something I'm missing).

This is a guy who very obviously started making local drone videos for a hobby, with little expectation of making any kind of money off his videos - and he probably wasn't arsed either way.

Since the new stadium project he's taken it much more seriously, with videos filmed at regular intervals each week to capture the build and progress, for himself but more importantly for the fans, and he's seen an opportunity to monetise that - as everybody should.

He's spent many hundreds of hours at the site, and even more than that editing and uploading his footage. His videos don't get hundreds of thousands of views so what he receives directly from YouTube will probably cover the cost for his drone insurance each month and that's probably about it. Maybe a chippy tea for the family twice a month as well.

In terms of merchandise, it isn't about people wanting to go round sporting Mister Drone UK hats or t-shirts, rather it's a way to give back to him instead of directly putting money his way, which people obviously can via his Buy Me A Coffee link.

He might be a bellend for all I know, but he definitely doesn't come across as one. I'd hazard a guess that he's just a passionate Blue that enjoys flying a drone and saw an opportunity to make a bit of cash in return for sharing footage of a historical build that's he's invested several years into.

Once the stadium is done his channel is basically no longer needed unless he wants to diversify which he probably doesn't as imo he's never thought he'd make a career of YouTube.

Hear hear.
Just keep an eye on your cakes and biscuits when he’s around.

Thanks for that !!
Couldn’t have put it better.
The lads given so much, he deserves something back other than criticism x

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back