New Everton Stadium Discussion

Regarding the extent of the ‘water effect’ stonework…
Hope the tarmac is temporary for fit out deliveries or something.
Think the expectation was it would be covering that entire ‘dock’ zone

IMG_8891.jpeg

View attachment 266281

It will be getting covered. You can see the white strip in the middle is a bench and all around that the water effect stonework will be.

In what context?

If it's Tom scenario, then fer get it

Personally I think Goodison should be knocked down🥹 and a small non league type ground built for the Women's team.
There'll still be plenty of space around to develop community stuff and new homes.

Seems to be falling on deaf ears at the club.
The women have their own ground now, it’s like a small non league ground

What was the point?

Everton were a top 7 club before the new stadium

Spend billions on a new stadium to be mid table or in relegation battles with Sean dyche.

In the hundred and thirty odd years Everton have played at Goodison Park, we have probably finished in every league position possible including winning leagues and getting relegated. I fully expect the same in the hundred or so years we are playing in our new place. Just what exactly is the point you are trying to make?

View attachment 266281
Fairly certain I heard on one of the LOR or club videos that the tarmac goes down as a base to the paving as its more stable than the sand part of the infilled dock, which will possibly settle more over time and thus send the paving wonky.

So thick tarmac base and then the aggregates for laying the paving over that.

Fairly certain I heard on one of the LOR or club videos that the tarmac goes down as a base to the paving as its more stable than the sand part of the infilled dock, which will possibly settle more over time and thus send the paving wonky.

So thick tarmac base and then the aggregates for laying the paving over that.
They’ve not tarmaced the rest of it though (or did they?)
Unless it’s strengthening as the at are will have vehicles driving over it, opposed to foot traffic on the rest.

Buses to the Bramley Moore.

In his election manifesto, Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram, promised to introduce a new bus rapid transit system in Liverpool he said will provide more options for people travelling to popular and sometimes hard-to-reach parts of the city. The system is expected to be similar to Belfast’s Glider, which launched in the Northern Irish capital in 2018 and runs on two separate lines using dedicated and mixed traffic lanes.

On the Liverpool side of the Mersey, the system is expected to be fully operational by 2028 with the network running between Liverpool city centre and Liverpool Airport as well as Anfield Stadium and Everton’s new Bramley Moore Dock arena. It’s understood one bus will be tested in the coming weeks.

They’ve not tarmaced the rest of it though (or did they?)
Unless it’s strengthening as the at are will have vehicles driving over it, opposed to foot traffic on the rest.
They have tarmacked a large portion of the site at various points across the build. For example, once the dock had been filled with sand, compacted then piled for foundations, a tarmac road system was laid around the site including a figure of eight pattern across the pitch area. I don't recall them ever digging it back out.

They have tarmacked a large portion of the site at various points across the build. For example, once the dock had been filled with sand, compacted then piled for foundations, a tarmac road system was laid around the site including a figure of eight pattern across the pitch area. I don't recall them ever digging it back out.
Be very suprised if they didn’t remove it from the pitch as it’s non permeable so would affect the drainage I’d imagine 🤷🏻‍♂️

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.