New Everton Stadium

You do know that they're statues, not the actual people they're depicting, don't you? In much the same way that the Leitch motif isn't the actual leitch steelwork, the statue isn't the real Dixie Dean.
WTaF?

That's an astounding piece of ignorance.

Have a think about it again and get back. Im sure you'll figure out your error.

Great Word!!

There are quite a few architectural reminders of Goodison built into BMD to remind the ever faithful fans of where we came from. My personal belief though is that the statues should be brought to within the boundary of BMD and replicas or plaques placed at the Goodison site.
Of course it should. Only a fool would think the originals should remain up in Walton.

Mate, I have a feeling that it'll be demolished as quickly as possible for those reasons. While I hope the club develop it, it's likely going to be a private venture.

In terms of the statues, I think they should be brought with us to make BMD feel like our new home as quickly as possible, alongside a few new statues.

This man deserves one...

View attachment 267704
One of our few world class players, a statue is the least he deserves.

I can’t think of many Everton players who have been the best in their position in the world, and also such a pivotal player over a significant period.

He’s up there for me with Dean and Ball.

….Ball was MoM in a World Cup final at 21, Southall was playing for Conwy United.

Southall is a great but Ball was the greatest.

….Ball was MoM in a World Cup final at 21, Southall was playing for Conwy United.

Southall is a great but Ball was the greatest.
I’m not taking away from Ball nor diminishing that performance, or others. However, Southall was the best player in his position.

He won the lot with us over a ten year period and so influential. In terms of influence for Everton, the bin man wins every day.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back