New Everton Stadium

Both breweries will be moving soon Tom Morris of Home Bargains fame has bought that whole site to build High rises.

The Council in all it's wisdom said the build will create jobs when in essence all they're doing is destroying a hand full of independent businesses on that site and building flats no one can afford to live in.

It's absolutely scandalous whats happening down there.

Have to disagree. Small industrial units have no place right next door to the Pier Head. Those ones were only built in the early 80's when the city was on the bones of its asre. Industrial units need to be a bit further out. Hopefully they'll get a decent pay off and move to the Ten Street or somewhere around the Baltic, better for them.

As regards the flats to replace them, I would imagine they will all be sold. They always are. I haven't the foggiest who can afford buy them. I wish I had the money. Handy for the match.

Have to disagree. Small industrial units have no place right next door to the Pier Head. Those ones were only built in the early 80's when the city was on the bones of its asre. Industrial units need to be a bit further out. Hopefully they'll get a decent pay off and move to the Ten Street or somewhere around the Baltic, better for them.

As regards the flats to replace them, I would imagine they will all be sold. They always are. I haven't the foggiest who can afford buy them. I wish I had the money. Handy for the match.
Dock lands all around the world are very popular and very pricy places to live

Both breweries will be moving soon Tom Morris of Home Bargains fame has bought that whole site to build High rises.

The Council in all it's wisdom said the build will create jobs when in essence all they're doing is destroying a hand full of independent businesses on that site and building flats no one can afford to live in.

As others have said that land is in too prime a postion for low rise industrial units.

Moving to the Ten Streets area could be a blessing for them though, plenty of space to accommodate breweries, costly of course to do up, but extra 60k people in the area most weekends.

I respect your opinion but also completely disagree,Kind Sir.

The Baltic was on its backside before the creatives moved in with independent bars and eateries and turned into consistently voted the coolest place in the UK.

Just because The King Edward estate is situated closer to the Pier Head doesn't mean you move out the vibrant community of Taprooms,Bakery and other businesses that draws people to the area and replace it with a souless high rise. It's short sighted and instantly loses its vibrancy when gentrified.

You've also echoed my point about building Apartments that people can't afford...it's a complete nonsense my mate.

As others have said that land is in too prime a postion for low rise industrial units.

Moving to the Ten Streets area could be a blessing for them though, plenty of space to accommodate breweries, costly of course to do up, but extra 60k people in the area most weekends.
"Too prime" in want sense? Just because it's deemed Prime land it doesn't mean you just throw a load of apartments on there that sit half empty.

What make city centres great are it's attractions...Bars,restaurant and eateries...what the city of Liverpool does very well.

It's gentrification for the sake of it...oh and people taking bungs.

That's absolutely disgusting. What a total waste.

Should have a look at what Manchester has done with Track/Cloudwater/Sureshot all close together and it's absolutely buzzing.

Short term gain for them whilst destroying good businesses in the process.

Should have a look at what Manchester has done with Track/Cloudwater/Sureshot all close together and it's absolutely buzzing.

Mate you're 100% Correct...as some who's visit those 3 breweries regularly you can see the benefits they have on the area.

Cloudwater created a destination when it moved into that industrial estate as have Carnival and Azvex with The Kind Edward...shorted sighted beyond belief and completely rips the souls out of an area.

I hate it.

They should have moved to a 80,000 new build. They'd have filled it. Thankfully they didn't. Painted themselves into a corner for the next 50 years instead.
By the time they extend to Kop and the rest of the ground it won't be far off that figure .
It'll still look really ugly , but that won't matter to them.

It's all about maximising profit for them.

Im with @Dr Baxter on this one.

They’re currently in close proximity of the city centre in tin sheds.

IMG_8141.jpeg

Would they rather not be part of a bustling hub by the new stadium in the heritage brick warehouses? If the guys in charge can provide incentives for this, it would be great.

IMG_8143.jpeg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back