New Everton Stadium

Tbh, if you ever go into town on a matchday to watch us playing away, when they're at home, you'll know that most places only have them on the TV's. Unless that has changed in recent times. The Bierkeller in Mathew St is one of the few that often has both games on, but we'll only be on a couple of TVs, with them having the rest. Even though they're at home, they've always massively out numbered us in town on the few times I've been. Similar in my local pubs, perhaps North Liverpool might be more even in numbers than where I live. The Denbigh is obviously blue biased, but can probably afford to be with so few others accommodating only us in town. The Box Park is competing with the rest of town for red patrons and has alienated at least a fair chunk of potential customers in the process.

I've got no problem with the boxpark on non football days, I like the little outside bit in the sun. But I wouldn't want to be in there when a big group is watching football, even Everton. It all seems a little...theatrical from the videos I've seen

@Tom Hughes a question I think you’d be able to answer:

Is the family enclosure the last remnants of the original main stand?

From this picture it looks like it is.

IMG_8256.jpeg

Am I the I only one but I can't wait to leave Goodison.
Today felt like we are just awaiting in the airport prior to going home after a lovely holiday.

Cant come soon enough for me. Hopefully it prompts some type of reset as Goodison is full of losers both within the stand and on the pitch.
This. I’m 38 and my “best times” are finished 4th and a couple of 5ths. Tbh I’m almost completely done with football. It’s not the game I fell in love with as kid. This and half the fans I sit by are complete whoppers and absolutely happy with mediocrity.

Am I the I only one but I can't wait to leave Goodison.
Today felt like we are just awaiting in the airport prior to going home after a lovely holiday.

Cant come soon enough for me. Hopefully it prompts some type of reset as Goodison is full of losers both within the stand and on the pitch.

I feel completely torn.

Part of me feels I would prefer to be playing in League 1 in Goodison than participating in this farce of a competition where we have been penalised with points (and therefore millions in prize money) trying to increase our revenue. The same league that allows clubs to move into stadiums for virtually free and gives passes to the likes of Chelsea spending what they want. The game is utterly grim at the moment.

On the other hand I want us to win every game we play and Bramley Moore looks amazing and something to be proud of. I want Everton to be a team I can be proud of again.

I feel completely torn.

Part of me feels I would prefer to be playing in League 1 in Goodison than participating in this farce of a competition where we have been penalised with points (and therefore millions in prize money) trying to increase our revenue. The same league that allows clubs to move into stadiums for virtually free and gives passes to the likes of Chelsea spending what they want. The game is utterly grim at the moment.

On the other hand I want us to win every game we play and Bramley Moore looks amazing and something to be proud of. I want Everton to be a team I can be proud of again.

your in for a long wait

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back