New Everton Stadium Discussion

Does that mean the North stand finished this week mate or just that they start on South Stand next week?
I think they have to get the upper terracing in first on the north east corner before putting the truss in to fully span across the north stand.

Well…….. that’s what makes sense to me anyway and what they done in the north west area. But I work in IT so what do I know about stadium builds ??‍♂️

That's one of my thoughts.

Old Trafford is in an industrial estate, etihad campus has a tram and it's surrounded by sports stuff.

If we can get more transport in-bedded (think we are anyway surely for the 10 streets) and get another station, or even trams, it'll be amazing.

Part of the deal with the World Cup, Euros, Olympics etc is that national governments and supra-national organisations can had out contracts to the private sector for infrastructure. The Ukraine-Poland bid saw $38B spent just on infrastructure improvements including transportation systems a decade ago. The Germans are committed to improving even their already good transportation networks for 2024.

Part of the deal with the World Cup, Euros, Olympics etc is that national governments and supra-national organisations can had out contracts to the private sector for infrastructure. The Ukraine-Poland bid saw $38B spent just on infrastructure improvements including transportation systems a decade ago. The Germans are committed to improving even their already good transportation networks for 2024.

Think London got ridiculous investment too for the games.

The fact that the south east corner rakers have been in place for so long but no concrete steps have been put in is making my eye twitch a bit.

Damn for a second I thought you were talking about the North East corner which is doing my OCD in. I'm going to post this anyhow. :)

Marty, You're not looking at this fourth dimensionally, in the year 2024 when it is finished...that will be where the away fans sit

80rm.gif

Ah i get you mate, i think you're right if it was successful id say Dublin would get a couple of games and Belfast maybe a couple.

Doing yourself down I think, I can see 3 group games for ROI then having a 2nd round and a Quarter (Eng, Scot, Wal and Ireland should get one imho).

So I would say 4-5 games and Belfast maybe getting 1 to 2 depending on 1. If they start building the stadium or have assurances to by that point and 2. That there are matches that are going to struggle to sell huge numbers such as Switzerland v Austria or similar.

Yeah it's crap and old, but this is the everton stadium forum, not the ireland rugby ones are amazing thread.
Do your homework.

Croke Park is GAA HQ. The egg chasers were allowed to play there while Lansdowne Road was demolished to make way for tthe Aviva.

It is the Third largest stadium in Europe, and the current development was completed in 2005 - yeah really old.....

There is a concourse that wraps around behind all three stands and has bars cafés and take aways. On the ground there is ample room for marquees on the Cusack and Hogan Stand sides.

Aviva is used by FAI and IRFU.

I was replying to your bringing the Aviva and Croke Park into the thread.

Have a lovely day.

The biggest unknown for me, that I find myself very curious about, is what the roof cladding is going to look like.

I mean, I see the renders - but it's still very unclear to me what the roof is made of.

It seems slightly translucent, so it's either perforated aluminium - or it's glass or perspex - or some combination of those?

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 11.55.33.png

I tried to have a look in the planning docs to get a sense of this, but holy cow there are so many of them I don't know where to start.

Doing yourself down I think, I can see 3 group games for ROI then having a 2nd round and a Quarter (Eng, Scot, Wal and Ireland should get one imho).

So I would say 4-5 games and Belfast maybe getting 1 to 2 depending on 1. If they start building the stadium or have assurances to by that point and 2. That there are matches that are going to struggle to sell huge numbers such as Switzerland v Austria or similar.
Much depends on how much of a lock Wembley has on how the games...and thus the gate money are distributed.
Dublin, Glasgow, Belfast and Cardiff will most likely get Quarter Finals.
After that - who knows

Much depends on how much of a lock Wembley has on how the games...and thus the gate money are distributed.
Dublin, Glasgow, Belfast and Cardiff will most likely get Quarter Finals.
After that - who knows

Agreed. All speculation at the moment. Personally I don't think Belfast will get a quarter but some English stadium other than Wembley will get one. Most likely Spurs.

The other finals deeper in then go to Wembley, possible Cardiff could get a semi but probably not.

Do your homework.

Croke Park is GAA HQ. The egg chasers were allowed to play there while Lansdowne Road was demolished to make way for tthe Aviva.

It is the Third largest stadium in Europe, and the current development was completed in 2005 - yeah really old.....

There is a concourse that wraps around behind all three stands and has bars cafés and take aways. On the ground there is ample room for marquees on the Cusack and Hogan Stand sides.

Aviva is used by FAI and IRFU.

I was replying to your bringing the Aviva and Croke Park into the thread.

Have a lovely day.

Mate I don't care, it's not a good modern stadium and I want to talk about Everton Stadiums new chances.

Mate I don't care, it's not a good modern stadium and I want to talk about Everton Stadiums new chances.
Croke park is a very modern stadium, it holds 83k and we can only dream of having a stadium like it with the catering, hospitality and function facilities it offers.

Hopefully the new Everton stadium will be all that we hope it will be. We do need to remember however that our budget for building such an enormous project will mean that the stadium will be functional rather than lavish.