New Everton Stadium Discussion

Mate I don't care, it's not a good modern stadium and I want to talk about Everton Stadiums new chances.

You must watch football with Geroge Jetsen.

Here's a bar in Croker, it wraps around he entire circumference of the stadium on Lvl 3.

1668694060511.png

Hopitality:

1668693842048.png

1668693878738.png

1668693897081.png

1668693925722.png

1668693981027.png

Attachments

• 1668680899991.png
    1668680899991.png
    366.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
The biggest unknown for me, that I find myself very curious about, is what the roof cladding is going to look like.

I mean, I see the renders - but it's still very unclear to me what the roof is made of.

It seems slightly translucent, so it's either perforated aluminium - or it's glass or perspex - or some combination of those?

View attachment 191507

I tried to have a look in the planning docs to get a sense of this, but holy cow there are so many of them I don't know where to start.

I love the roof. For me it is the best thing about the design. I imagine it looking like some kind of giant airship.

Like honestly lads all the football bodies involved would had to petition the GAA for the use of their stadia. So of course they're going to be included in the final list from a UEFA perspective. UEFA have previously tentatively approached the GAA over the use of Croke Park before.

The only people who would stop their inclusion, are the GAA members depending upon the compromise found around seating on HIll 16. A demand from 'soccer' to permanently alter the character of the hill would see the GAA membership veto the use of both grounds and rock domestic support for the tournament. But the bid team will already be working on the issue.

Safe standing? All matches on GAA pitches played to Gaelic rules?

The images of Croke Park look amazing. The bar looks fantastic but I suspect there is no real ale? Always puts me off visiting Ireland (and Scotland for that matter). Number 1 suggestion I will make when we get canvassed about the facilities at our new place is that a decent pint of real ale is essential. It's never been more popular with beer drinkers and there is no excuse for not providing it. I'll be disappointed if all we get is keg and craft beers.

The biggest unknown for me, that I find myself very curious about, is what the roof cladding is going to look like.

I mean, I see the renders - but it's still very unclear to me what the roof is made of.

It seems slightly translucent, so it's either perforated aluminium - or it's glass or perspex - or some combination of those?

View attachment 191507

I tried to have a look in the planning docs to get a sense of this, but holy cow there are so many of them I don't know where to start.

It's supposed to be glass. Like Lime Street Station. A form of glass anyway.

The images of Croke Park look amazing. The bar looks fantastic but I suspect there is no real ale? Always puts me off visiting Ireland (and Scotland for that matter). Number 1 suggestion I will make when we get canvassed about the facilities at our new place is that a decent pint of real ale is essential. It's never been more popular with beer drinkers and there is no excuse for not providing it. I'll be disappointed if all we get is keg and craft beers.
The country is knee deep in new breweries and distlleries that have opened over the last decade.
I think finding something to suit your taste in alcohol in Ireland of all places won't be a problem.

I love the roof. For me it is the best thing about the design. I imagine it looking like some kind of giant airship.
Yeah, it looks great on the renders - but I'm really keen to know how it's actually going to look. The roof is so imposing, the whole design rests on how it looks in reality.

It's supposed to be glass. Like Lime Street Station. A form of glass anyway.
Do we know that for sure? Do you have a source at all?

Yeah, it looks great on the renders - but I'm really keen to know how it's actually going to look. The roof is so imposing, the whole design rests on how it looks in reality.

Meis referenced Lime Street at his original presentation when the design was first seen. He spent days walking around town getting a feel for what would look "right" on the docks. Personally, I think he nailed it.

Last edited:

Like honestly lads all the football bodies involved would had to petition the GAA for the use of their stadia. So of course they're going to be included in the final list from a UEFA perspective. UEFA have previously tentatively approached the GAA over the use of Croke Park before.

The only people who would stop their inclusion, are the GAA members depending upon the compromise found around seating on HIll 16. A demand from 'soccer' to permanently alter the character of the hill would see the GAA membership veto the use of both grounds and rock domestic support for the tournament. But the bid team will already be working on the issue.

Safe standing? All matches on GAA pitches played to Gaelic rules?
Regarding seating on the hill, rep of Ireland football team played a couple of matches there when the Aviva was getting developed. Temporary seats were put in the hill for the matches and the crush bars were removed. It doesn’t take long to install and remove seats on the hill. The gaa have long past objected to alllowing football etc being played in their stadiums. The rule change allows it for a start, and do you really think the gaa are going to turn their backs on the mega bucks they will receive from UEFA?

It's definitely perforated aluminum. In different-sized holes, which if you look carefully at some of the renders show a diagonal stripe pattern.

Meis referenced Lime Street at his original presentation when the design was first seen. He spent days walking around town getting a feel for what would look "right" on the docks. Personally, I think he nailed it.
Yeah, I do recall that now you mention it.

However, Meis was off the project when the final design was made, and plenty was changed after he left, chiefly to make efficiencies where possible.

I guess my unspoken worry is that the roof design might have been cheapened.

I'd love to know for sure what we're getting.

The country is knee deep in new breweries and distlleries that have opened over the last decade.
I think finding something to suit your taste in alcohol in Ireland of all places won't be a problem.

I haven't been for about 6 or so years and have been to Dublin, Wexford, Mayo and Tipperary over the years. 3/4 days in I've had enough of Guinness and God spare us from Magners with ice. Is that still popular? Anyhow, encouraging to know real ale is getting a foothold. Only place I've ever enjoyed the beer in Ireland was Belfast. Thanks for the information.