New Everton Stadium Discussion

I was in the Lower Bullens yesterday, and I was looking around the concourse thinking how much I love the industrial feel of Goodison. The old steel supports down there look brilliant.

I'd love to have some of that industrial feel in our new stadium design. It'd suit the dock location, too.

But then, I also like the idea of a modern statement design. I'm not sure they're compatible, without looking like an awful post-modern pastiche.
An industrial design would be perfect. A really imposing venue.

I'd also love some brickwork and the distinctive criss cross design on the bullens road, but I suppose, due to modern building techniques that would just be window dressing and add to the building costs.
Hopefully, if it is to be on the river, all this will be taken into account, as it has to pleasing on the eye.
Yes, the brickwork at the back of the Bullens and the Gwladys is something I strongly associate with Goodison. Would love to see that.

I'd definitely like to see an industrial/imposing looking design.

All four stand as close to the pitch as we have with currently have with the Bullens Paddock (side of pitch) and Glwadys St. end (behind goal).
(All measurements from UEFA are only guidelines not regulations)

The decision for the 2026 CG isn't till 2019

How could we plan a build around an event we might not win 3 years away

And with a stadium ready in, say, the summer of 2020 or 2021. 4 or 5 seasons of football before a temporary conversion for the CG. It will be a football stadium first and foremost and that is where the planning must focus.

I don't like the sound of any of this Commonwealth Games talk. We should not have to make any compromises on our home for the next 100 years for a 2 week one-off crappy athletics event.

Agree with this....a football stadium cannot be used as an athletics arena too.

just look at the issues WHU are having with the temporary seating leading to the savages fighting amongst themselves