New Everton Stadium

Man City's owners saw a huge opportunity in Manchester when taking on City. They have bought huge swathes of land and are no doubt doing very well out of it.

Now they have way more money than Moshiri and got a free stadium basically but it seems as though Moshiri may be working along the same lines. Hopefully so as it means he is in it for the long run.

Man City's owners saw a huge opportunity in Manchester when taking on City. They have bought huge swathes of land and are no doubt doing very well out of it.

Now they have way more money than Moshiri and got a free stadium basically but it seems as though Moshiri may be working along the same lines. Hopefully so as it means he is in it for the long run.

Spot on! With him buying up the Liver Buildings at one end of that part of the waterfront well before the announcement of the Head of terms with Peel and LCC 'agreement'
It shows he knew or was pretty confident he was going to be able to build the stadium at the other. These two major developments are I think just parts (albeit major parts) of a Blue plan for that area. There is still the Cruise Liner terminal and Isle of Man terminal to go there... whose to say the cruise liner terminal won't be right outside the Stadium. Wonder what the first thing those estimated 100,000 passengers per year are going to visit when they get off to stretch their legs. There's gonna be Royal Blue Jersey's at £40 a pop all over the world ;)

So what your saying is that there are 10,000 fans who currently aren't coming to Goodison cos they might end up with an obstructed view ticket ?

I have no idea what the number is but in my opinion i'd say that obstructed views puts far more than 10,000 of our fans off from attending for games like this. The main factor for this particular match, aside from the non-standard kick off time, is that Leicester have returned 1,200 tickets. The Burnley and Chelsea games sold out 3-4 weeks before because we didn't have another 1,200 from the away team's allocation to sell.

The standard prices for this Leicester game are too high for the opposition and that's shown in the time it has taken to sell out. £39 for the Lower Gwladys, £42 for the Paddock and Upper Gwladys, £44 in the Main Stand and Upper Bullens.

I've got a season ticket so don't ever have to pay them one off prices but there is no way I would pay out £39-£44 for a back row obstructed view ticket for a game against 11th placed Leicester. I respect anyone who will. However, if it was the same opposition at similar prices at a new 55,000 seater stadium on the waterfront with a good view, then my decision would be made far easier and would potentially go.

Spot on! With him buying up the Liver Buildings at one end of that part of the waterfront well before the announcement of the Head of terms with Peel and LCC 'agreement'
It shows he knew or was pretty confident he was going to be able to build the stadium at the other. These two major developments are I think just parts (albeit major parts) of a Blue plan for that area. There is still the Cruise Liner terminal and Isle of Man terminal to go there... whose to say the cruise liner terminal won't be right outside the Stadium. Wonder what the first thing those estimated 100,000 passengers per year are going to visit when they get off to stretch their legs. There's gonna be Royal Blue Jersey's at £40 a pop all over the world ;)

No one knows what Moshiri's plans are for the future of EFC and Liverpool city and no one will ever know too far in advance. ( except Moshiri himself and maybe Usmanov )
There will be no body ITK , nobody whose aunts cousins brother in laws best mate who takes out the bins at Finch farm told them the inside track.
I've worked for the last 35 yrs for a world famous British multinational (Now owned by Americans ) and our main man has always told us there's a 5 yr plan and a 10 yr plan.
He'd be lucky to know the plans for the next 2 years and we the workers will only be told what we need to be told when we need to be told it.
It's the way big business works

Hence Moshiri coming out of nowhere to buy the club , Koeman and Walsh being appointed with no prior rumours
That's why the Finch Farm sponsorship and the Liverbird announcement came as a shock.
It's the way these people work and it serves them well.

Here is one scenario.
Moshiri gets the stadium built , invests in the team ,gets us CL then sells the best players and the club and walks away with the Lukaku money , The Gana money , The ROSS money oh and the Arteta money.

Here's another scenario.
Moshiri has corestate already on board.
He is buddy's with Asmanov Abramovich and a couple of other Oligarchs

Corestate look at the Liver building and plans for the new stadium and say.

Corestate : Hey Mosh the Liver building and the stadium are good investments so we will lend the 300 million.
Only problem is there's shag all around it so will it make money.

Mosh. ; Funny you should mention that.
I was over in Dublin a couple of weeks ago and their old dilapidated dock lands are booming , same with Canary Wharf and waterfronts in NYC and all over the place really.
People have taken to this waterfront thing big time.

Corestate. : Yea we've a fair few investments in Waterfront properties ,Offices Retail Leisure Apartments etc.

Mosh:Yes we know that ,and me and the lads were thinking that all that land going to waste maybe we will buy it and build a convention centre , a massive shopping centre , a couple of theatres , a cineplex
A Liverpool eye , a kids adventure centre , a restaurant and bar area like Matthew street and Temple bar.
Then a few hotels from Premier inn to 5 star
Then maybe a few office blocks and arts area and of course a few thousand apts and duplexes with views of the water.
Then we will get a few American Tech companies to set up here and my buddies will move their British headquarters here.
Workers will love it
Good jobs , cheap( relative to London ) housing and everything on your doorstep.
We could have a central square with an area for Octoberfest , Christmas markets and all that kind of stuff and big screens to show the World Cup and stuff
And the stadium would be the centrepiece of the whole thing.
It would be a long term investment mind. But that's what you do right ???
Just an idea like.

Corestate ; Not a bad plan Mosh.
Send us on the details , the financials and let's know who else is throwing a few quid in the pot and we will get back to you.
Oh one last thing , all that building is going to create a lot of rubbish ,what'll you do with all that.

MOSH :No problem lads ,
There's a septic tank out the back with a loft extension on it , I'll buy that and use it for the rubbish
Give it consideration though , we all could make a right few quid out of this.
Oh we will have to get that airport upgraded
There won't be room on the docks for longships so the Norwegians will have to fly in

Corestate :Norwegians ?????

Mosh :Ah it's a long story , I'll tell it to you later.

Or Mosh could get the stadium built and invest a few quid and surprisingly enough sell to Usmanov.

We will never know till it happens
So just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I posted that on another Forum topic.
The dock lands could be the main reason Moshiri bought Everton , we will never know.
But these men don't become Billionaires without a long term plan.
The cruise ships will be a bonus.
The dock lands could become a major tourist attraction.
Imagine hundreds of Stag and hens weekends every week , and the lads wanting to take a match in every week
The possibilities from all angles are boundless if it comes to pass
50,000 may only be a starting point.

I posted that on another Forum topic.
The dock lands could be the main reason Moshiri bought Everton , we will never know.
But these men don't become Billionaires without a long term plan.
The cruise ships will be a bonus.
The dock lands could become a major tourist attraction.
Imagine hundreds of Stag and hens weekends every week , and the lads wanting to take a match in every week
The possibilities from all angles are boundless if it comes to pass
50,000 may only be a starting point.
Your right of course, it's going to be a 60,000 seater and I admit it's wild speculation and wishful thinking on my part but people like these don't just say it would be great to have a stadium on the waterfront, they say "and what else can we exploit from this amazing site". All the things you mentioned would be incredible but if these guys want to use a stadium to generate extra income for the club, they're not just looking at extra capacity and rock concerts... they look at milking the entire site for all it's worth so you're not far wrong with what you've said. In fact I'm hoping you're 100% bang on!!!:dance:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back