New Everton Stadium Discussion

I did my survey yesterday and it was a bit of a mish mash on the options on a couple of topics.
The bit I picked up on was were it's stated that all the plans are now lodged with the city council and were hoping the decision would be delivered before the end of the year.
Do you reckon that the phrase "all our Christmases coming at once" could have been made for us if we get the go ahead next month?

Does anyone know how steep the rake of the stands will be? I think 35 degrees is the maximum allowed in the UK now (dependant on sight lines) my season ticket is in the Top Balcony and it’s very steep (38 degrees)

I know Dan Meis has said the stands are as steep as they could possibly be taking the regs and sight lines into account but does anyone know what they actually are?

Does anyone know how steep the rake of the stands will be? I think 35 degrees is the maximum allowed in the UK now (dependant on sight lines) my season ticket is in the Top Balcony and it’s very steep (38 degrees)

I know Dan Meis has said the stands are as steep as they could possibly be taking the regs and sight lines into account but does anyone know what they actually are?
I am pretty sure it is 35 degrees ie the maximum allowed.

34 degrees, but a stand is a parabola, meaning that they go steeper every 20 rows or so.

They're not one gradient front to back unless they're a small stand, so the South Stand will have about 3 gradients, eg (completely guessed amounts here) 20 degrees, then 27 then 34

Hows progress with Dan mays. Haven’t been following this for a while. Gets a bit frustrating thinking about it.

34 degrees, but a stand is a parabola, meaning that they go steeper every 20 rows or so.

They're not one gradient front to back unless they're a small stand, so the South Stand will have about 3 gradients, eg (completely guessed amounts here) 20 degrees, then 27 then 34
Thanks.
Do you have any idea how that compares to other stadiums in the Premier league?

Thanks.
Do you have any idea how that compares to other stadiums in the Premier league?
Steepness of other stands do you mean? Depends on size really, they have to be steep if they're large stands. The larger the stand the less choice you have on gradients.

A smaller stand that is steep is Tranmere's. It's got the same number of rows as the Park End so around 40 rows but well taller.

I'd expect Newcastle to be steep. I've said before on here that I'm not a fan of steep stands myself, my fave stands are shallower ones as fans are closer to each other and so that gives more a terrace feel.

Steepness of other stands do you mean? Depends on size really, they have to be steep if they're large stands. The larger the stand the less choice you have on gradients.

A smaller stand that is steep is Tranmere's. It's got the same number of rows as the Park End so around 40 rows but well taller.

I'd expect Newcastle to be steep. I've said before on here that I'm not a fan of steep stands myself, my fave stands are shallower ones as fans are closer to each other and so that gives more a terrace feel.
Really? It seem universally accepted from stadium architects that a large, single tier, steep end is essential for creating an intimidating stadium with a good atmosphere.

I have been to a match at Juventus new stadium and it was steep and was quite imposing.

i am hoping the rake of our stands is similar to theirs but I’ve tried to find the details out about their stands but can find the info anywhere

Really? It seem universally accepted from stadium architects that a large, single tier, steep end is essential for creating an intimidating stadium with a good atmosphere.

I have been to a match at Juventus new stadium and it was steep and was quite imposing.

i am hoping the rake of our stands is similar to theirs but I’ve tried to find the details out about their stands but can find the info anywhere
The appearance of a stand is imposing if it is steep, but in terms of actual atmosphere, no. It encourages sitting, fans are higher up from the pitch therefore further away. A fan is say 12 to inches higher up from the fan in front, Gwladys Street, 2 rows in front multiply it by 2.

The Gwladys Street, or to the extreme, a concourse even, has minimum distance between height so spreading songs is easier as fans are closer.

A large single tier I'm not disputing btw just the steepness.

It's a football match we're attending, not friggin' Glasto. The idea of some no mark band doing third rate cover versions of songs I couldn't stand in the first place sounds like hell. Would you expect to watch a five a side match whilst you're queueing up to go and see a concert at the Liverpool Arena? Stupid f***ing idea.

Fear not, Pre-COVID, I'd been to most of the aways at modern Premier League stadia and an awful lot of the home fans still turn up outside the stadium about 20 to 30 minutes before kick off, having consumed pints and food from somewhere else.

Basically, there'll be a largish minority who get to BMD early for the "entertainment", but, end of the day, doing so is entirely optional and will appeal to tourusts and those travelling some distance, but locals will probably neck a few pints in town before setting off to BMD by canoe.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Fear not, Pre-COVID, I'd been to most of the aways at modern Premier League stadia and an awful lot of the home fans still turn up outside the stadium about 20 to 30 minutes before kick off, having consumed pints and food from somewhere else.

Basically, there'll be a largish minority who get to BMD early for the "entertainment", but, end of the day, doing so is entirely optional and will appeal to tourusts and those travelling some distance, but locals will probably neck a few pints in town before setting off to BMD by canoe.

giphy.gif
You miss my point. I DO want to get to the ground 2 hours before kick off. I'm worried that my enjoyment of having a pint and a chat about football in our wonderful new home will be ruined by loud live music which I will have to put up with. It won't be optional to listen to it because you won't be able to avoid it.

You miss my point. I DO want to get to the ground 2 hours before kick off. I'm worried that my enjoyment of having a pint and a chat about football in our wonderful new home will be ruined by loud live music which I will have to put up with. It won't be optional to listen to it because you won't be able to avoid it.

Ah, fair enough, but even so ...

From memory, Spurs, West Ham, Brighton, Soton and Citeh all have bands playing outside the ground pre-match. But, because they're outside, the noise disippates really quickly, so once you're slightly round the corner from them, you can barely hear them.

What tends to happen is you get one or two hundred people who want to hear the band, and those people set themselves up about 40 yards from the stage, which is close enough to hear the band clearly, but far enough away to be able to speak to each other without shouting.

What you don't get is some local band turning up with a stack of Marshalls playing a game of "Everything louder than everything else". Think the Fan Zone behind the Park End replicated three or four times round the stadium and you likely won't be far wrong.