New Everton Stadium Discussion

Thousands of Evertonians are happy that the club are moving forward and going by official lines the build IS happening and HAS started, there's no conspiracy here yet, you seem very upset that Everton are building a new stadium, Goodison is great but it's over 100 years old and it is time we moved on for the next 100 years

Where have I said I'm not happy? I am as excited by the prospect as most people. All I have said is that I have some reservations based on various outstanding issues. I haven't seen anyone address them, and some are still persisting with myths from the Elstone era that should've died with Kirkby.

It’s not just about people visiting though. Boxing, ufc, concerts, VIP boxes etc. A stadium will only get a huge increase in tourists visiting it when a team is successful, having a brand new stadium that gives us way more opportunities than we have at goodison is a great way to add money to the pot and help us become more successful and increase visitors due to it.

I think some people are under the illusion that BMD is the same as Kings Dock because it is on the waterfront. Fact is, it is at the very end of the Liverpool waters proposals, over a mile from the Pier head and literally only a few pitch lengths closer to Lime St Station than GP is. This was the low value buffer zone that was earmarked for low rise apartments.... with zero enabling leverage. No developers had showed any interest in over 10yrs.

DBB stated over a year ago that this was just a football stadium. There are only 22 boxes at BMD compared to 80 large suites at NWHL. There is no moving pitch or closing roof for multi-purpose use as at say Lille for instance. If tourism is going to be a major driver why isnt there far more boThere are far more boxes and corporate at Anfield so why would these events go to BMD instead of there?[QUOTE="tommye, post: 9036377, member:
Ifs, buts, maybes.

None of it in any way relevant as things stand.
[/QUOTE]

The finances are not relevant? Ok!

New Everton Stadium Discussion​

Just look at it. A thing of beauty.

2B5591E5-317B-4A84-8401-569FD0C7A15F.jpeg

Where have I said I'm not happy? I am as excited by the prospect as most people. All I have said is that I have some reservations based on various outstanding issues. I haven't seen anyone address them, and some are still persisting with myths from the Elstone era that should've died with Kirkby.
Appreciate that you put in a lot of work in the past with your designs around Goodison Park but evidently the ownership has moved forwards with Bramley Moore which is the more prestigious and expensive idea, but is likely designed to drive waterfront development which Moshiri and friends can piggyback onto and make money off.

Should Bramley Moore fall over then we can relook at Goodison redevelopment as that contingency.

Where did LFC, Newcastle, Sunderland, Man Utd play while they expanded their grounds? Where did City go when they recently added a tier above and behind one end?

You build the superstructure behind the existing stand, maintaining access and capacity throughout. Tried and tested numerous times.
Either I was way more smashed last night than I thought or I didn’t write that post you’ve just quoted. :oops:

Appreciate that you put in a lot of work in the past with your designs around Goodison Park but evidently the ownership has moved forwards with Bramley Moore which is the more prestigious and expensive idea, but is likely designed to drive waterfront development which Moshiri and friends can piggyback onto and make money off.

Should Bramley Moore fall over then we can relook at Goodison redevelopment as that contingency.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Moshiri/Usmanov's potential motives for the waterfront. It's highly plausible, as is the possibility that even if completed, it is an exercise in packaging the club for a max profit sale.

Thats the point, what is it: Stadium paid for by naming rights and new equity, or quick-sale and long term debt-loaded onto the club.... or some point in between?

I've got a bad feeling about this. Everything the nitwit in charge has done in his brief tenure has been King MIdas in reverse. But people have every faith in him, and are gung ho about leaving one of the most iconic stadiums in the world to head off to this soulless bowl miles from anywhere by the Mersey. I wouldn't mind if people could point to clubs moving to new stadia with self evidently beneficial results. But Arsenal, city West Ham they've been a disaster. And we are doing this, runniing up a HALF BILLION pound debt, for what, ten thousand extra seats, and a halving of the access routes. Imagine trying to get away from ~BMD after a night game, one line out. On a windy smelly dock miles from anywhere.
The sensible clubs redeveloped their existing grounds, United Lpool, their stadiums are going from strength to strength. Why the hell didin't we do that, and at a fraction of the cost of BMD? Just look at new stuff, the new buildings, and compare them to the buildings of the victorian era. Which are better? Well we are junking our iconic church like cathedral, for a steel and plastic job that will probably age worse than wayne rooney.
It shouldnt need stating, but people seem to be vastly underrating how much of the everton experience is tied into Goodison Park. And we are voluntarily throwing it away.
And on top of all that, how are we ever going to pay it off

The roads are equally cramped around several grounds, but the fact remains GP is accessible from all sides and has far more traffic lanes and buses serving it than BMD. That will always be the case. What about the locals in Vauxhall who have never had a football stadium on their doorstep?

For what we're spending at BMD, you could replace all upper tiers getting rid of all obstructions, put on sliding roof and get to 65k+ comfortably and still have a lot of change. Which is why most larger clubs have chosen the pragmatic course.

There are no houses around BMD like at GP. You talk os sorting out the upper levels and a roof ignoring the fact that down below in the interior it is dreadful. Get over it and stop going on aboiut your plan to do GP piecemeal.

I've got a bad feeling about this. Everything the nitwit in charge has done in his brief tenure has been King MIdas in reverse. But people have every faith in him, and are gung ho about leaving one of the most iconic stadiums in the world to head off to this soulless bowl miles from anywhere by the Mersey. I wouldn't mind if people could point to clubs moving to new stadia with self evidently beneficial results. But Arsenal, city West Ham they've been a disaster. And we are doing this, runniing up a HALF BILLION pound debt, for what, ten thousand extra seats, and a halving of the access routes. Imagine trying to get away from ~BMD after a night game, one line out. On a windy smelly dock miles from anywhere.
The sensible clubs redeveloped their existing grounds, United Lpool, their stadiums are going from strength to strength. Why the hell didin't we do that, and at a fraction of the cost of BMD? Just look at new stuff, the new buildings, and compare them to the buildings of the victorian era. Which are better? Well we are junking our iconic church like cathedral, for a steel and plastic job that will probably age worse than wayne rooney.
It shouldnt need stating, but people seem to be vastly underrating how much of the everton experience is tied into Goodison Park. And we are voluntarily throwing it away.

1, How is GP one the most iconic stadiums in the world, nonsense?

2., Man U is in an industrial area with loads of parking space around.

3. Liverpool screwed the people living in Kemlyn Road to force them out, you want us to do that to Goodison Road and Gwladys Street?

4. GP needs actually knocking down and tottally rebuilding.

Last edited:
We only need 16-20 houses (some of which we used to own) to clear enough space to add net 7k on that side. With a new upper tier with large concourses and a slightly enlarged lower tier with new mid level concourse. In otherwords a complete transformation. The mainstand at Anfield was actually 20 yrs older than the Bullens. With its 1970s extension it was more expensive to expand than the Bullens because it needed to build 4-5 floors before even adding any capacity. The upper Bullens and Upper gwladys are separate structures built 13 yrs apart.... but that could be replaced with a cantilered version too. With the task performed without sustained loss of capacity. The Park end could readily accommodate a far larger home end than that proposed at BMD (60 rows), with a simple extension of the existing stand upto 70-80 rows, fitting well within our boundaries.

I had relatives living in Eton Street and theyu were regularly peed off on match days. Did you have any relatives living in the street next to GP?

I was lucky on match days my Grandma and Uncle lived off Luxmore Road and would put a ladder out to save my parking space.

1, How is GP one the most iconic stadiums in the world, nonsense? I shouldn't need to explain this.

2., Man U is in an industrial area with loads of parking soace around. Anfield seems to manage

3. Liverpool screwed the people living in Kemlyn Road to force them out, you want us to do that to Goodison Road and Gwladys Street? It's one of the most deprived areas in the country. if you offered them double the value of their house, it's still nothing.

4. GP needs actually knocking down and tottally rebuilding. Extensively renovated yes, like OT and Anfield got.

City a disaster? I hope we are as disastrous and ask Utd fans about Old Trafford, it is falling apart.