New Everton Stadium Discussion

You had the opportunity to show it was all "bollocks"..... you couldn't counter a single technical point I made (unless I missed it).

You have no idea if the financial model or transport plan works..... and you don't care. Fair enough, ignorance is bliss..... but you can't tell others that they shouldn't care too.

If you were old enough, with that attitude, you probably voted for Kirkby too ...... they also had a habit of calling everything bollocks when they couldn't counter the arguments. They were also wooed by batman lights and glossy images and didn't care about finances or transport or anything else.
All vanishing as soon as it imploded under the weight of its lies...... the first one being GP can't be redeveloped. The second one being it was the "deal of the century" a stadium for practically nothing; and the third one being it was the most accessible stadium in the country....... mixed in with lots of insistence that Tesco Terry, Pip Green, knowsley council and the club all know what they're doing etc etc!

The fact is, I and several others were asking the club and Peel to look at the central Docks when (the likes of) you were probably dreaming of Kirkby. I even commissioned a transport plan for a nominal site on Clarence Dock and was involved in the Bestway site talks too.

Previous to all that i voted for Kings Dock..... So by definition, I am not a bit averse to us moving nor in anyway hung up about GP. I am however averse to some peddling the same old lies. BMD should be able to sell itself without the need for that.
I don't care mate.

I'm just bored seeing you posting in here trying to keep yourself relevant and not have wasted the last 30 years of your life on a plan that's been lashed in the bin.

This is the NEW stadium thread.
You're cluttering it up waffling on about broken dreams and transport plans.

Let. It. Go.

I just think people want to discuss the build in this thread mate that's all, it has a lot of interest, people have told you to start a different thread for what could have been, I think it's fairly interesting but at the same time the new stadium is exciting.
One major reason that the GP redevelopment plans are being discussed is because there's a vacuum to be filled - literally and figuratively.

Plant and machinery doing prep work down at that dock is one thing, serious building work is another. Yes, the exploratory work is a necessary first phase in the serious building work, but as finances are nowhere near clearly secured, and speculation still swirls about regarding where investment comes from, the doubts will remain.

We all know of example where projects have simply been abandoned when there's a change of mind caused by circumstances. Look at Liverpool's preparatory work on Stanley Park before they pulled the plug due to escalating costs and changes in design.

In that context this remains a much more open thread than the one you believe it should be. This is not a slam dunk, not by any manner of means.

I just think people want to discuss the build in this thread mate that's all, it has a lot of interest, people have told you to start a different thread for what could have been, I think it's fairly interesting but at the same time the new stadium is exciting.

Of course it is exciting, and being a shareholder of over 25yrs and season-ticket holder of 44yrs, I am as excited and invested in it as anyone. However, new and old are inextricably linked, as are any reservations or unresolved concerns regarding the financial model, transport plans, medium-long term effects and owner's motives versus club's/fan's best interests..... and the decision processes that have got us to this point. If you had a health concern but were fobbed off by a doctor only to have continuing symptoms.... do you just ignore them?

Of course it is exciting, and being a shareholder of over 25yrs and season-ticket holder of 44yrs, I am as excited and invested in it as anyone. However, new and old are inextricably linked, as are any reservations or unresolved concerns regarding the financial model, transport plans, medium-long term effects and owner's motives versus club's/fan's best interests..... and the decision processes that have got us to this point. If you had a health concern but were fobbed off by a doctor only to have continuing symptoms.... do you just ignore them?
Please I'm begging you for the love of Ada start another thread. This has been a high light for me ever since the build started and you are single handedly ruining it.

One major reason that the GP redevelopment plans are being discussed is because there's a vacuum to be filled - literally and figuratively.

Plant and machinery doing prep work down at that dock is one thing, serious building work is another. Yes, the exploratory work is a necessary first phase in the serious building work, but as finances are nowhere near clearly secured, and speculation still swirls about regarding where investment comes from, the doubts will remain.

We all know of example where projects have simply been abandoned when there's a change of mind caused by circumstances. Look at Liverpool's preparatory work on Stanley Park before they pulled the plug due to escalating costs and changes in design.

In that context this remains a much more open thread than the one you believe it should be. This is not a slam dunk, not by any manner of means.

I'm sure if a meteorite hit Liverpool and wiped out the city your headline would read 'I TOLD YOU THEY WOULDN'T BUILD IT!' :)

that vacuum can be filled in another thread, its not hard.

I'm not bothered about the chat personally but it appears to be irking quite a few who come in here for a bit of positivity.

No, it was a complete rebuild on the then 3 older stands. With new stands of the same height and similar format to the mainstand (but just 2 tier) on all sides (with the mainstand continued down to pitch level). It was a study showing that the Bullens needed a small footprint expansion. It was by the same person who designed the mainstand in the late 60s. Littlewoods had an architectural department and I met someone who had been involved. It was a preliminary study to establish possible capacity, height of stands etc. John Moores was keen about exploring it as his legacy project, but it coincided with a major fall in attendances, so was shelved.

Superb that mate, if you are allowed to would you post the designs if possible. Would love to see what they had in mind.

I'm not bothered about the chat personally but it appears to be irking quite a few who come in here for a bit of positivity.
Nor me. Like anything else, if everything is sound, there will be no problems. The horse has bolted now so if there were/are any issues, they'll emerge in their own time anyway.

I'm confident on it, but who believes 100% in anything, without doubt or reservation. That's cultish.

I don't care mate.

I'm just bored seeing you posting in here trying to keep yourself relevant and not have wasted the last 30 years of your life on a plan that's been lashed in the bin.

This is the NEW stadium thread.
You're cluttering it up waffling on about broken dreams and transport plans.

Let. It. Go.

I know you don't care.... as I said, ignorance is bliss and you are blissfully unaware!
It's feck the consequences.... because you don't care and only want to see glossy images, have attention defficiency and comprehesion difficulties?

My broken dreams.....? You mean the ones for a stadium on kings dock or on Clarence Dock that I actual paid to have analysed, those dreams?

I'm a bit wary of people trying to silence others, especially without ever responding to actual points made......

It appears your only argument is one of semantics.... is NWHL a new stadium or a redeveloped stadium? Is the Millenium/principality stadium a new stadium or a redeveloped stadium? In many ways they are both. Plus, this thread predates BMD and originally didn't dispel the possibility of redevelopment at all..... does that mean by your playground logic we actually need a separate BMD construction thread? I don't think so!

As I've just said in response to another post..... New and old are inextricably linked and that is the case while various issues are not resolved or clarified.

The decision process should never be a fait accompli and should always be one based on sound Cost Benefit Analysis,/Benefit Cost Ratios and various metrics such as Net Present Value, Profitability Indexes and others that are ALL in some way direct comparisons between New and Old. They are completely dependent on the financial model used and various important influences such as transport, rebranding and basic goodwill etc. Any changes in any of the variables, such as cost, interest rates, loan term or criteria that affect these, can dramatically change the viability of the project..... with outcomes that can be entirely different for owner and club going forward.

In otherwords, whether you like it or not..... you should never drive forward without looking in your rear mirror, and you have to continually check it throughout your journey even if there's a car full of naked woman playing BMD videos in the car front of you.

So, if you're bored son, you can always skip the page, just look at the pictures..... or go and play out. (a bit old school I know, you're probably more playstation than play-out)

A quick Google about Goodison redevelopment and @Tom Hughes name comes up, is this you? was you the engineer that drew up plans to redevelop Goodison along with KEIOC? as @maccavennie said, I would be interested to see what your plans were but maybe in a new thread about the Goodison legacy project or something

I am the same fella.... i think someone posted a link to the TW articles, one is the KEIOC concept while the other is a looser outline summary of a few options (by no means exhaustive). I think responded to @Macavennie....I may have misread his post as I thought he was referring to the John Moores study from early 1980s that I'd mentioned.

I know you don't care.... as I said, ignorance is bliss and you are blissfully unaware!
It's feck the consequences.... because you don't care and only want to see glossy images, have attention defficiency and comprehesion difficulties?

My broken dreams.....? You mean the ones for a stadium on kings dock or on Clarence Dock that I actual paid to have analysed, those dreams?

I'm a bit wary of people trying to silence others, especially without ever responding to actual points made......

It appears your only argument is one of semantics.... is NWHL a new stadium or a redeveloped stadium? Is the Millenium/principality stadium a new stadium or a redeveloped stadium? In many ways they are both. Plus, this thread predates BMD and originally didn't dispel the possibility of redevelopment at all..... does that mean by your playground logic we actually need a separate BMD construction thread? I don't think so!

As I've just said in response to another post..... New and old are inextricably linked and that is the case while various issues are not resolved or clarified.

The decision process should never be a fait accompli and should always be one based on sound Cost Benefit Analysis,/Benefit Cost Ratios and various metrics such as Net Present Value, Profitability Indexes and others that are ALL in some way direct comparisons between New and Old. They are completely dependent on the financial model used and various important influences such as transport, rebranding and basic goodwill etc. Any changes in any of the variables, such as cost, interest rates, loan term or criteria that affect these, can dramatically change the viability of the project..... with outcomes that can be entirely different for owner and club going forward.

In otherwords, whether you like it or not..... you should never drive forward without looking in your rear mirror, and you have to continually check it throughout your journey even if there's a car full of naked woman playing BMD videos in the car front of you.

So, if you're bored son, you can always skip the page, just look at the pictures..... or go and play out. (a bit old school I know, you're probably more playstation than play-out)
yawngirl-yawnkid.gif