New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm amazed the club are allowing drones over the site.

I wonder if that changes on commencement of building?

The club and LOR aren’t happy about the drones. I imagine once building work starts picking up steam they’ll start to clamp down on them more as I can’t imagine they’ll want drones flying about (that they haven’t instructed to do so) while they’ve got cranes in place.

The club and LOR also don’t like subcontractors putting pictures on social media, which is why if they are picked up they are often deleted shortly after they’ve been posted.

I've heard if Everton put a landing stage in then the ferries will put a service on, why on earth wouldn't they it's all money.
Well the ferries are owned by Merseytravel and I'm certain I read the actual quayside in contact with the river is Peel's (though stand to be corrected). I just cannot see a new terminal being built (also needs a floating landing stage and maintainence like dredging I suppose). Maybe in the area kicks off and we get the new ferries into service it may become viable. Water taxi's from Princes Dock would be alright though.

Just noticed something on this video.
In all the plans I have seen, the northern edge of the site is split 50/50 along the full length of the pier separating Bramley Moor and Sandon Docks.
However, in the video, there seems to be work taking place across the whole width of the pier. You can clearly see at around 10.25 a view of the fence cutting off the land at the end of the sewage site about level with the boat.
Does this mean that we have now acquired this land?
Does anyone know?
We have all of the northern pier. In the renders the roof basically overhangs right up to the waterline and the space will be used (and needed) for circulation.

download.jpeg.jpg

The intensity will get turned up when we see this fella on site.

Yikes.

Everton's new stadium project could receive an injection of £45m from local government funding.

The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority have proposed to offer a £15m grant and a £30m loan for works linked to the Blues' half a billion pound plans at Bramley-Moore Dock.

Local leaders will consider the proposals next Friday.

The £15m grant would be used towards meeting the costs of infrastructure work to public spaces and preserving heritage assets around the new stadium site.

Everton have been planning to invest as much as £55m on preserving heritage items on the waterfront site and the grant from the Combined Authority would help with that.

The £30m loan that leaders will consider next week would go towards overall costs of the project, with the understanding that the money would help towards the club's extensive and costly preparatory work on the former dock site.

The Combined Authority have described Everton's new stadium plans as a "vital catalyst for regeneration of Liverpool’s north docks and the area around Goodison Park" and the club forecast that once the new stadium is built, the knock-on impact will see a £1bn boost to the local economy and the creation of 15,000 jobs.

They have also stressed that the potential £45m injection of cash into the project is "not an investment in a football club".

The club and LOR aren’t happy about the drones. I imagine once building work starts picking up steam they’ll start to clamp down on them more as I can’t imagine they’ll want drones flying about (that they haven’t instructed to do so) while they’ve got cranes in place.

The club and LOR also don’t like subcontractors putting pictures on social media, which is why if they are picked up they are often deleted shortly after they’ve been posted.
I used to work on a site right next to the new US Embassy in London. The marketing department of my company (developer) decided it would be a good idea to fly a huge drone over the site to take some photos and videos. It caused a bit of a panic and it was almost shot out of the sky by the guards outside the US Embassy armed with assault rifles.

I used to work on a site right next to the new US Embassy in London. The marketing department of my company (developer) decided it would be a good idea to fly a huge drone over the site to take some photos and videos. It caused a bit of a panic and it was almost shot out of the sky by the guards outside the US Embassy armed with assault rifles.

I’m tempted to buy a drone just to wind the site lads up I know. I reckon my desk is about half a mile away from the Bramley Moore site and I think it would be great fun just following them around site all day.

It might be safety issues or the fact that it's being monetized. Whatever, I think we should make the most of these early overhead videos because they wont last much longer.

It might be safety issues or the fact that it's being monetized. Whatever, I think we should make the most of these early overhead videos because they wont last much longer.

There will be some overhead videos, just from the club or LOR who’ll want to use it for their own promotional purposes. When I worked for LOR a few years ago we regularly had someone out with a drone capturing progress videos of site.

Yikes.

Everton's new stadium project could receive an injection of £45m from local government funding.

The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority have proposed to offer a £15m grant and a £30m loan for works linked to the Blues' half a billion pound plans at Bramley-Moore Dock.

Local leaders will consider the proposals next Friday.

The £15m grant would be used towards meeting the costs of infrastructure work to public spaces and preserving heritage assets around the new stadium site.

Everton have been planning to invest as much as £55m on preserving heritage items on the waterfront site and the grant from the Combined Authority would help with that.

The £30m loan that leaders will consider next week would go towards overall costs of the project, with the understanding that the money would help towards the club's extensive and costly preparatory work on the former dock site.

The Combined Authority have described Everton's new stadium plans as a "vital catalyst for regeneration of Liverpool’s north docks and the area around Goodison Park" and the club forecast that once the new stadium is built, the knock-on impact will see a £1bn boost to the local economy and the creation of 15,000 jobs.

They have also stressed that the potential £45m injection of cash into the project is "not an investment in a football club".

Does this send out an alarm this early on that local government loans are needed to fill the vacuum where private capital should be?

There will be some overhead videos, just from the club or LOR who’ll want to use it for their own promotional purposes. When I worked for LOR a few years ago we regularly had someone out with a drone capturing progress videos of site.
For whom? Investors?

We need the fanbase to be able to see any such video.