New Everton Stadium Discussion

Red Echo stating we are nearing to sorting the £350 million private investment for BMD via private placement market.
"Potential funding solution" "set to announce".

A story that's designed to smooth the way for public cash injected into this. A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

Are you offering to pay Dave?

Otherwise stop worrying about where the money is coming from or making out that its all cloak and dagger.
I'm just saying that the £350M private investment story looks a bit too pat following on from the earlier controversial plan to loan council cash to the scheme.

It's the Echo's stock in trade. They publish what they're told to publish.

Breathe Dave it isn't. xxx
It's froth. They've been looking for this cash for years and we're supposed to believe it's imminent...just at that moment the council are loaning out cash to keep the project plate up in the air spinning?

Pfffft!

If this was Joe Anderson behind this loan there'd be red flags getting thrown everywhere.

Yes. The council loaning cash to a project like this. It's encouraged by government under the "invest to earn" scheme, bt it's controversial when it's being handed to a private local business like a football club.
Well no it isnt really , if its a loan then it has to be paid back .
Not controversail at all , not unless you are Jeff from West Derby.

Well no it isnt really , if its a loan then it has to be paid back .
Not controversail at all , not unless you are Jeff from West Derby.
That's not an issue for me (the loan - although it will be for others). The issue is where we (Everton) stand on the private capital investment.

Still miles off I'd say.