New Everton Stadium Discussion

It was posted a few pages ago..... it is impossible to fit an athletics track in the north-south without the stadium going into the neighbouring dock....

That's what I've seen (I think it was in the bid documentation) where it showed a temporary platform over Nelson that allowed the extra length of the track to fit in that orientation.

They're not adopting the name my son, it is the name (until is is remamed). That's the point you seem blinded to.
Potential sponsors won't be bothered about a dock that was named before Everton were even formed.
God bless.
I think you've become confused here. Let's leave it at that.

That's what I've seen (I think it was in the bid documentation) where it showed a temporary platform over Nelson that allowed the extra length of the track to fit in that orientation.

The initial bid was for the 2026 games with the stadium operational as a football stadium for a few seasons before that. The echo article and the previous docs shown here have it in an east-west orientation:

I don't remember seeing anything going into another dock (beyond a basic illustration to show how it would fit), nor understand why that would be a serious proposition with the added expense and awkward phasing and with the space readily available on the site that was actually purchased/leased.

Neither is King's Dock but that's how we referred to the failed proposal.
It's an address that's not even used in conversation anymore. Everyone simply calls it the Echo Arena and everyone knows where it is. The waterfront.

And so it will be when this stadium is built: the Everton Stadium / USM Stadium or whatever, on the waterfront.

It's an address that's not even used in conversation anymore. Everyone simply calls it the Echo Arena and everyone knows where it is. The waterfront.

And so it will be when this stadium is built: the Everton Stadium / USM Stadium or whatever, on the waterfront.
It'll be the "New Everton Stadium at Bramley Moore Dock"

That wont be on the upcoming EVERTON STADIUM website.

Like jettisoning the sub-system of a Saturn V rocket, all previous boosters will be discarded.
No confusion my son. This is what you said.
I say there will be references to Bramley Moore Dock on the new stadium website.

As you say, let's leave it at that.

God bless

Absolutely love watching this video .. however I know it isn't quite right, it's still looks great!

Proper gutted that the "main stand" isn't a 3 tier stand anymore.

Not a of fan changing it so that the west side stand is dimensionally similar to the east side stand.

Could be me just being picky, but to me the original plans look much better than the latest revised plans.

Last edited: