New Everton Stadium Discussion

Interesting that we voted for this temporary ban… I mean, it’s clearly designed to slam the brakes on the Saudis, but we can’t permanently be against this, with the USM pre-sponsorship agreement for the stadium naming rights.

Interesting that we voted for this temporary ban… I mean, it’s clearly designed to slam the brakes on the Saudis, but we can’t permanently be against this, with the USM pre-sponsorship agreement for the stadium naming rights.

Depends if we've already agreed our deal - stadium deals like this cover 10-15 years typically so it wouldn't affect us for a while.

Also its to stop deals that aint considered fair market which is what UEFA do anyway - we were never getting £50+ million a year from USM which is what this **tries** to stop the Saudi's doing.

We'll be looking more at £20-30 million realistically.

A82209A6-51D5-49EF-9388-C7DF8ED895A7.jpeg

It's going to be more ceremonial than anything else, the general size and shape is done. He may get a remit to dress the insides, or a tweak here or there but I wouldn't expect anything drastic.
remembering on from what some of the lids who are in the industry said ages ago, isn't it normal practice for the designer to get fired off at the build stage and then the design gets made a bit more pragmatic and some of the beers & whistles knocked off, if DM is back on the team, this could mean that some of the flair of the design will be retained. To be honest, I haven't got a clue and I'm 'kin hungry, not eaten since breakfast.

remembering on from what some of the lids who are in the industry said ages ago, isn't it normal practice for the designer to get fired off at the build stage and then the design gets made a bit more pragmatic and some of the beers & whistles knocked off, if DM is back on the team, this could mean that some of the flair of the design will be retained. To be honest, I haven't got a clue and I'm 'kin hungry, not eaten since breakfast.

In that interview posted above his fear was that the building would be value engineered to crap to the point the original design is unrecognisable. He says that hasn't happened in this case.

Sounds to me like know he knows his baby is going to look more or less the same he wants to be front and centre to take the plaudits which will obviously help drum up future business.

Interesting little video from Carragher on Sunday.. Didn't realise they've got to climb on the roof to get to the gantry! No good if you don't like heights!

But as he points out, we are in need of moving stadiums now unfortunately.