New Everton Stadium Discussion

When can a stadium be awarded naming rights? Surely getting USM or whoever associated with the ground before even day 1 has got to be desirable?
You do realise they have already paid £30m to be offered first option for naming rights?
£30m to be front of a non existent queue for naming the stadium when its built.
It’s got to be one of the biggest sponsorship blags in the Premier League.

I know Newcastle very well having lived there for years. They have been a beneficiary of the PL bubble at just the right time as Keegan got them fearless (if ultimately useluess). SJP was worn down and crowds were not great but that all changed. Now with a revamped stadium they fill it more often than not (add in away day no-shows to the figures) and they have a massive local area to draw from.

Newcastle have a one club (regional capital) city and have taken supporters from Co Durham, which were traditionally Sunderland, and they also have all of Northumberland. Whatever the past record they are here to stay as a 50k+ club.
She looks it my son, needs to be careful walking around Newcastle looking like a horse. One of those Geordies might take a swing!

Sarah-Jessica-Without-Makeup-1.jpg

God bless.

The RS use far more than their executive boxes to provide for their 'corporate market'. They sell very normal seats but put on a little buffet in a hotel in town and call it 'corporate hospitality'. They charge between £300 and £500 for these tickets that are just seats in normal areas of the ground.

Have to disagree with your point there.. modern fans are only interested in success and clubs who win things.. if what you are saying was true why have Chelsea since Abramovic took over now the second biggest fanbase in the country and nearly twice as many fans worldwide than Liverpool and Arsenal... its because modern fans are fickle.. Liverpool fans especially as they are trading on success earned back in the 1970s and 80s.. this only has so much mileage and needs constant feeding which they haven’t done last 30 years...
If you have a look at Liverpool’s pre season friendly attendences away in the Far East.. they have dropped significantly last few years from what it once was.. this is because people in that part of the world support whoever is on top at the time.. they buy a Liverpool shirt one season and the next a Chelsea one.. probably United or City after that.. this is the type of fan clubs like United and Liverpool include in there numbers... not proper fans at all..

It depends who you ask about global fanbases tbh, but I wasn't really talking about that. However in terms of longstanding UK fanbases, LFC and Man Utd are ahead of the rest.
We haven't had a higher average attendance than Liverpool or Man Utd for over half a century. Nor have Chelsea. I was at Chelsea the other day and there were lots of empty seats everywhere in a far smaller stadium than Anfield or Old Trafford. They may be the flavour of the minute on line as euro champions but they're nowhere near those 2 in reality.

The best view in the purest sense (full view of the pitch from a good angle), but in terms of best view and atmosphere I'd say the Upper Gwladys is best.
I enjoyed my couple of years in UG (Had a great spec, row c in line with the right side goal goalpost.) but kept looking up to the right and it was inevitable I'd move back after scratching that itch.

It depends who you ask about global fanbases tbh, but I wasn't really talking about that. However in terms of longstanding UK fanbases, LFC and Man Utd are ahead of the rest.
We haven't had a higher average attendance than Liverpool or Man Utd for over half a century. Nor have Chelsea. I was at Chelsea the other day and there were lots of empty seats everywhere in a far smaller stadium than Anfield or Old Trafford. They may be the flavour of the minute on line as euro champions but they're nowhere near those 2 in reality.
Yes but the modern fanbase is now judged on how many scarves people buy.. how many clicks on a club website or who watches on streams etc.. the days of who actually goes the match are well gone.. if you type in any search bar of best supported football clubs in the world. or worlds biggest football fanbases.. you will get United mostly on top.. Madrid and Barca.. then Chelsea... In this country it’s United.. Chelsea.. Arsenal / Liverpool depending on which site.. but Chelsea are most definately the second biggest fanbase in the UK...
the reason there were empty seats at Chelsea is because of Covid mate.. all the attendences in London area are down as London figure is so high.. people are scared.. Spurs last home game was a quarter down in attendence...

Yes but the modern fanbase is now judged on how many scarves people buy.. how many clicks on a club website or who watches on streams etc.. the days of who actually goes the match are well gone.. if you type in any search bar of best supported football clubs in the world. or worlds biggest football fanbases.. you will get United mostly on top.. Madrid and Barca.. then Chelsea... In this country it’s United.. Chelsea.. Arsenal / Liverpool depending on which site.. but Chelsea are most definately the second biggest fanbase in the UK...
the reason there were empty seats at Chelsea is because of Covid mate.. all the attendences in London area are down as London figure is so high.. people are scared.. Spurs last home game was a quarter down in attendence...
Not sure why you think Chelsea' have the second largest fan base absolutely no chance arsenal and spurs are miles bigger in terms of support

Not sure why you think Chelsea' have the second largest fan base absolutely no chance arsenal and spurs are miles bigger in terms of support
Honestly... just have a check.. Chelsea are comfortably the second biggest worldwide fanbase in the U.K.

I am not suprised myself because the whole new way of determining who people support has changed now.. they include clicks on Club websites.. signing up for clubs newsletters.. buying merchandise etc.. years ago it went on how many people went to watch you play.. or maybe how big your ground was etc.. not anymore tho..

The other thing you have to remember is the modern fan has no proper loyalty to a club like years ago.. the way it used to work is you followed the club where you lived or if your parents supported it etc, you followed through thick and thin.. through good times and bad regardless and you never ever changed your club... now they follow because it’s like a fashion etc.. they choose a club hundreds or even thousands of miles away from them knowing full well they will never see them play.. they don’t care because if they are associated with a club thst wins or a successful brand as they are called now then it’s good for them...
When you go back to our point about Chelsea you can clearly see how this fits in.. Chelsea was a second division club when I was growing up.. Mickey Droy and Ray Wilkins etc.. they were not even the biggest club in London.. once Abramovic took over all that changed.. they have won more trophies in last twenty years than any other British Club.. that’s why the worldwide fans have attached themselves to the brand... they must of won about 20 trophies more thsn Liverpool last twenty years and as you know.. a modern fan needs to be constantly fed on trophies for his to still be engaged to the club he follows.. another thing is where modern fans come from with there being no local loyalty it’s no big deal if they change brands to a more successful one.. those fans in the Far East who watch the pre season games buy a shirt from whichever club is touring that year.. one season it will be Chelsea.. next season United we wouldn’t dream of that here..

Tbh I was talking about these clubs with respect to ourselves, as some were under the illusion that LFC fanbase was in some kind of precarious position. The fact is we're not remotely close to them, locally, and certainly not nationally.

I did google which club had the biggest support in the UK and Liverpool came up based on internet surveys this year. I know 2 years ago they comfortably got the highest number of internet hits worldwide too. Yes Chelsea have been rising and had the 2nd highest shirt sales this year, but as was said, internet hits and shirt sales vary dramatically year on year depending on success, whereas dedicated (match-going) support is a much deeper rooted and longer established thing, for which Chelsea wouldn't be close to Man Utd or LFC (or possibly Arsenal and Spurs too). When we played them at Wembley in 2009 it was 2 or 3 times the price for tickets in our end as it was in theirs on the independent ticket sites. When we scored there were many groups of our fans in their end, none of theirs in ours....... in their home city! Put it this way if Liverpool/Man Utd played Chelsea in a European final, they would both comfortably outnumber Chelsea fans several times over, wherever it was (as we saw in Madrid, when they played Spurs or Moscow when Chelsea did meet Man Utd).

Yes, Covid may have affected the attendances at Stamford Bridge and Spurs the other night (but NWHL is 50% larger than Stamford Bridge), and there were far fewer empty seats at the larger Anfield or Old Trafford recently, with the same illness prevalent.

When you go back to our point about Chelsea you can clearly see how this fits in.. Chelsea was a second division club when I was growing up.. Mickey Droy and Ray Wilkins etc.. they were not even the biggest club in London.. once Abramovic took over all that changed.. they have won more trophies in last twenty years than any other British Club.. that’s why the worldwide fans have attached themselves to the brand... they must of won about 20 trophies more thsn Liverpool last twenty years and as you know.. a modern fan needs to be constantly fed on trophies for his to still be engaged to the club he follows.. another thing is where modern fans come from with there being no local loyalty it’s no big deal if they change brands to a more successful one.. those fans in the Far East who watch the pre season games buy a shirt from whichever club is touring that year.. one season it will be Chelsea.. next season United we wouldn’t dream of that here..
They're no Celtic like. ?