New Everton Stadium Discussion

It beggars belief (long term) that the Nelson Dock wont be part of a mission creep. What happens yards away at the Everton Stadium will pull it within that neighbouring dock's orbit.

It's just inevitable.

I notice that the trial period of safe standing starts today at various grounds.
If it goes successful the intention is to green light it for next season, if I understand it correctly.
If there are no problems ,and I don’t envisage any , I presume our standing area’s are virtually guaranteed to be included?
I am looking forward to having the terrace back but slightly disappointed that it won’t be around the entire ground.
Then there's the possibility that many applicants...having sat on their bums at work or at home and never done a days work where you stand up all day, might try it and not fancy it on a regular basis

Please don't use that name my son. We need to forget our colonial past.

God bless.
If it ever does get built on by Everton - like the dock formerly known as Bramley Moore - it will be cleansed of that association.

The club are putting up memorials of the former slave connection at the new Everton Stadium pumphouse - which is like blessing the place with holy water.

The same will happen to the Nelson Dock.

If it ever does get built on by Everton - like the dock formerly known as Bramley Moore - it will be cleansed of that association.

The club are putting up memorials of the former slave connection at the new Everton Stadium pumphouse - which is like blessing the place with holy water.

The same will happen to the Nelson Dock.
Quite right my son. I'm sure they will erase Liverpool from the address as well, what with the city's association with the slave trade.

God bless.

But, but, but Jacko, here's you back in 2016 on this thread....

:coffee:

The whole waterfront is an area of development, be it the waterfront or the 10 streets. 10 streets is an area that is going to be an artistic area, with SME's similar to the Baltic triangle. These areas traditionally give rise to independent traders of many different kinds. There is already a hotel. Much of the Liverpool waters development will be business focused and with that will be the need for hotels. There is already a hotel there, just slightly down the road from the ground. The cities transport hub will be located towards that end of the city to serve what will be the financial district and beyond. None of this means that Everton have failed, or are not performing to the level of Chelsea or Liverpool in terms of 'what they would do' (whatever basis you have for that belief) if they don't fill in a dock that isn't theirs FFS.

The whole waterfront is an area of development, be it the waterfront or the 10 streets. 10 streets is an area that is going to be an artistic area, with SME's similar to the Baltic triangle. These areas traditionally give rise to independent traders of many different kinds. There is already a hotel. Much of the Liverpool waters development will be business focused and with that will be the need for hotels. There is already a hotel there, just slightly down the road from the ground. The cities transport hub will be located towards that end of the city to serve what will be the financial district and beyond. None of this means that Everton have failed, or are not performing to the level of Chelsea or Liverpool in terms of 'what they would do' (whatever basis you have for that belief) if they don't fill in a dock that isn't theirs FFS.

It is also worth remembering of course that those comments of mine above were based upon a design idea by Dan Meis that was to take place on the filled in BMD, not anything to anything to with Nelson Dock, or any other dock

Who do we think are first game at Bramley Moore will be.
Bolton after they were the first we played at goodison
Bayern Munich
Rangers or Celtic
Or a traditional old School gaint like Ajax or inter .
Hard to pick I’d like Ajax
At the rate things are going we'll be playing Bolton at Bramley Moore in the third division after getting double relegated by Benitez