New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm not really well up on construction but what I gather, for all intensive purposes what they've created is a huge block of sandstone using river sand and a compactor therefore speeding up the process of nature. Clever! Very, very clever. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
It is indeed, dare I say it but we made it look easy.

I'm not really well up on construction but what I gather, for all intensive purposes what they've created is a huge block of sandstone using river sand and a compactor therefore speeding up the process of nature. Clever! Very, very clever. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
May I correct you for saying all intensive purposes rather that all intents and purposes?

I don't think it will turn to stone as such, if I'm not mistaken that happens at greater depths for heat to aid the chemical reaction but the block of sand isn't going anywhere, it's contained on all sides and will be a more than stable base to drive the piles into.