New Everton Stadium Discussion

Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 3.18.00 pm.png

it doesn't look as impressive as the old photo but it's there.

The fan zone will essentially remain an open space (with some stalls etc), so I'm not sure anyone will feel more inclined to hang around there than they do at GP. Especially after a winter's night match finishing at almost 10pm. So then you will still have more people leaving the site.... all on one side and leaving in one direction with fewer streets for on-going egress.

Yes, new stadium lounges and some concourses areas will be better equipped for a proportion of stay behinds to delay the process. The new local amenities on the landside of the wall will also help to accommodate a delayed dispersal, but I think there will need to be a substantial improvement in public transport/infrastructure than has yet been outlined in the sketchy transport strategy. At present this appears to be dominated by Shank's pony into town, Sandhills or the nearest bus routes, all of which are not that close.

I don't think the transport details are sketchy at all. There are designated taxi ranks (we have a huge number of black hackney cabs for a city of our size). There are plans in place for special buses from various points, including the city centre and Bootle. Regards parking, there are plenty of businesses around about who will be more than happy to earn a few quid from renting out their car park spaces, particularly for night games and Sunday games. And that is without mentioning trains. Sure, for a capacity of 80,000 might be different. I just don't see any problems getting there or getting away for 50,000. it's all opinions now of course. All will be revealed.

Yep time to lock the thread me thinks. Perhaps the curse of our attempts to build a new stadium were to blame for everything that has happened in the last couple of years with the global pandemic, soaring inflation and now a global conflict.

I am starting to worry about whether this club has a future at all. If we go down, with a partly built stadium with soaring inflation and the loss of our financial backing we could go full on Derby County and fast.

Yep time to lock the thread me thinks. Perhaps the curse of our attempts to build a new stadium were to blame for everything that has happened in the last couple of years with the global pandemic, soaring inflation and now a global conflict.

I am starting to worry about whether this club has a future at all. If we go down, with a partly built stadium with soaring inflation and the loss of our financial backing we could go full on Derby County and fast.
being honest, it would put many of us out of our misery and we could do more usefully things with our time and the dog would get kicked less