New Everton Stadium Discussion

If Usmanov is targeted and his ties to Everton are severed, its hard to see how that stadium is paid for.
You do know he only has the rights to the rights to sponsor the stadium right? If his sponsorship ties are severed then there’ll be open rights for other companies to sponsor FF and to bid on stadium rights.

Usmanov wasn’t paying the whole amount for the stadium, we don’t know what or who will be paying for the majority, for all we know it may be done privately. The build will still continue on regardless

Usmanov wasn’t paying the whole amount for the stadium, we don’t know what or who will be paying for the majority, for all we know it may be done privately. The build will still continue on regardless

The entire financing is so opaque it's impossible to reach any firm conclusions. That said, our 'open market' performance in the sponsorship space doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I also find it very tough to imagine that Usmanov or Russian Banks weren't involved somewhere in the financing plans.

You do know he only has the rights to the rights to sponsor the stadium right? If his sponsorship ties are severed then there’ll be open rights for other companies to sponsor FF and to bid on stadium rights.

Completely naive. He'd be standing behind the loans.

Wrong.

The entire financing is so opaque it's impossible to reach any firm conclusions. That said, our 'open market' performance in the sponsorship space doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I also find it very tough to imagine that Usmanov or Russian Banks weren't involved somewhere in the financing plans.

We could probably still go down the route of the special vehicle LCC mentioned. And Usmanov may have been targeted but USM are still sponsoring FF etc. so why can't they still buy the naming rights...

Sanctions are more EU travel ban and freezing of assets.

Sponsering something and owning something as an asset are completely different.

Can't see how this changes much to anything tbh considering the stadium is being financed via a loan and will be owned officially by Everton/Moshiri.

These sanctions will likely drop in the coming weeks once an ultimatum between Russia and Ukraine is made.

Simply put Russia's economy will crash if sanctions get worse - this cant drag on months/years and Putin will know that.

I'll say this: if - as looks likely - this new stadium doesn't get built, we are finished as a top flight club.

Not just revenue wise but also morale wise and the dashing of the dreams of a generation of fans.

We are going to be floored by any decision to mothball this. It was our only feasible way forward and if it's denied us then we will fall away dramatically and tumble through the divisions.

This could be the beginning of the end for us.

I'll say this: if - as looks likely - this new stadium doesn't get built, we are finished as a top flight club.

Not just revenue wise but also morale wise and the dashing of the dreams of a generation of fans.

We are going to be floored by any decision to mothball this. It was our only feasible way forward and if it's denied us then we will fall away dramatically and tumble through the divisions.

This could be the beginning of the end for us.

That’s the spirit.