New Everton Stadium Discussion

Seen the Esk post on twitter yesterday that the stadium is due to be completed at the end of 2023. Not sure where he's got that from but I haven't seen anything anywhere else that states a completion date before Summer 2024.

Attachments

• 0_ground1.jpg
    0_ground1.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 113
Abramovich seems key for the peace negotiation, maybe the Oligarchs can have their positive uses after all.

Great drone footage today, would like to see how the hydraulic tower is coming along in more detail either through the club videos or more drone footage.
I'd be happy to see the oligarchs' sanctions lifted. This is all political theatre, and we're being disadvantaged by it.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that mate.

If they were serious about 60,000 capacity (and they never were), it would have been more advisable to build to that from day one rather than build to 52,888 now and then fanny around with a ridiculously expensive re-modelling in the future.

They wont remodel to make it a 60k seater stadium. What they can do though is make it a 60k capacity stadium without any re-modelling at all.

"Zelenskiy, in his interview with Russian journalists over the weekend, said Abramovich was one of a number of Russian oligarchs who had contacted him offering to invest in the Ukrainian economy.
“We got signals from him and from several other businessmen saying ‘let us help somehow, let us try to do something,’” said Zelenskiy. He also said Abramovich had been involved in unsuccessful discussions to organise humanitarian corridors. However, he did not mention Abramovich’s visits to Kyiv, or his own purported meetings with the oligarch.
Albats said offers from Abramovich and other Russian businessmen to help Ukraine could come from horror at the war, but also self-interest and a desire to avoid crippling western sanctions."

I'm done discussing this with you pal.
My final line is that you are off your cake if you think any football club will 'welcome' Russian investment anytime soon on the back of the 'special military operation' in Ukraine and especially when the likes of Usmanov are known confidantes of Putin.

But, you carry on in your parallel universe if you like.
Why insult a contributor who has a different opinion to you? Just because the Esk says there's no way back for USM doesn't make it a foregone conclusion.

"Zelenskiy, in his interview with Russian journalists over the weekend, said Abramovich was one of a number of Russian oligarchs who had contacted him offering to invest in the Ukrainian economy.
“We got signals from him and from several other businessmen saying ‘let us help somehow, let us try to do something,’” said Zelenskiy. He also said Abramovich had been involved in unsuccessful discussions to organise humanitarian corridors. However, he did not mention Abramovich’s visits to Kyiv, or his own purported meetings with the oligarch.
Albats said offers from Abramovich and other Russian businessmen to help Ukraine could come from horror at the war, but also self-interest and a desire to avoid crippling western sanctions."

Not sure Dave with all the information and disinformation who or what to believe.

One thing that is known for sure are the deaths of many children, women, homes destroyed and soldiers on both sides have been killed.

When the 24 hour rabid news cycle turns in the coming few weeks and months to other matters in the wake of Russia withdrawing from all but the Donbas, it'll be back to business as usual.

People are getting played big time by all the Ukrainian stuff. The oligarchs are even now being set up as facilitators for peace talks. The march back to *respectability* for them begins....yes, it's that cynical. Anyone not realising that are supremely naive.
Its a valid point to be fair.

Something doesnt ring true on Zelensky for me too, but that's probably my tin foil hat coming out to play. And possibly for another thread.

I'm sure the Tories and in turn most everywhere else will welcome Oligarchs with open arms and open bank accounts once the next media focus starts.

Sad really that we cant do some good out of a catastrophic situation as I'm sure it will only benefit those types once the Rebuild of Ukraine starts. all those lives cant be replaced tho!

The War Machine only benefits the Rich and Powerful while the Lumpen Proletariat struggle on in earnest!

anyway UTFT

Its a valid point to be fair.

Something doesnt ring true on Zelensky for me too, but that's probably my tin foil hat coming out to play. And possibly for another thread.

I'm sure the Tories and in turn most everywhere else will welcome Oligarchs with open arms and open bank accounts once the next media focus starts.

Sad really that we cant do some good out of a catastrophic situation as I'm sure it will only benefit those types once the Rebuild of Ukraine starts. all those lives cant be replaced tho!

The War Machine only benefits the Rich and Powerful while the Lumpen Proletariat struggle on in earnest!

anyway UTFT
Zelensky is a puppet who sat passively by and allowed ethnic cleansing by the Asov regiments in the Donbas. He'll do business with anyone. If oligarchs are now turning to Ukraine as reported to invest there then that'll be taken up. It's all a game played over the head of innocent civilians. There is defo a sense of the easing up of attacks on oligarchs in the last week or so and not many more calls for sanctions. Peace will arrive soon and the UK government will be lifting sanctions on oligarchs and it'll be back to business as usual.

The temperature was feverish 3/4 weeks ago and if it had persisted I think Moshiri could have been on a new hit list and Everton's debts could have been weaponised against us, with a political will to do so. Maybe that doesn't happen now and - along with a soft peddling on oligarchs - Moshiri is safe too, and any cash being funnelled his way wont be seriously looked at.

Zelensky is a puppet who sat passively by and allowed ethnic cleansing by the Asov regiments in the Donbas. He'll do business with anyone. If oligarchs are now turning to Ukraine as reported to invest there then that'll be taken up. It's all a game played over the head of innocent civilians. There is defo a sense of the easing up of attacks on oligarchs in the last week or so and not many more calls for sanctions. Peace will arrive soon and the UK government will be lifting sanctions on oligarchs and it'll be back to business as usual.

The temperature was feverish 3/4 weeks ago and if it had persisted I think Moshiri could have been on a new hit list and Everton's debts could have been weaponised against us, with a political will to do so. Maybe that doesn't happen now and - along with a soft peddling on oligarchs - Moshiri is safe too, and any cash being funnelled his way wont be seriously looked at.
Media seem to brushing over the Asov element, convenient for Zelensky. Agreed.

Not so sure how quickly peace will prevail tho.

The perfect storm gathering over Goodison may not be over just yet though.

Be great if there was a plan for shuttle boats on match days for fans living by the river
I know kayaks/canoes and barges too can get from the dock by the crown plaza to nelson dock ( right next to BM) would that be feasible for shuttle craft or even allowed. Princes dock by the plaza I think