New Everton Stadium Discussion

The “world class” Twickenham stadium is next door to Mogden treatment works(3rd biggest in the UK) and a ginormous Tesco superstore…the air around there stinks to high heaven but not on rugger bugger match days.

Food shopping on a stink day is another matter…

All joking aside the club would have done well to get Kevin and his Grand Designs team involved right from the initial meetings.

EFC: Hi Kevin, so yeah..... We have finally decided to move on. We're building a football stadium on a derelict brownfield site.

Kevin: Not a bad idea! Cheap land, regeneration. Very good.

EFC: Yeah, it's over a dock still full of water. Oh, and it's on a World Heretige Site.

View attachment 167364

Kevin: OK...... And how much experience have you got with this kind of project?

EFC: Not much, we've messed around previously with plans but nothing really got off the ground.

Kevin: Why was that?

EFC: Truthfully, money.... Or lack thereof.

Kevin: So what's your budget this time?

EFC: We're hoping it's in the region of 500m pounds.

Kevin: OK, quite a sum when in the past you had no money.

View attachment 167365

EFC: Honestly? All of it. We're relying on the goodwill of our owner to self fund it. He had hoped to pay it off with a perfectly above board naming rights deal but Putin stopped that.

Kevin: Well, I think your very brave. See you in two years.

View attachment 167367
B91330CC-A2E2-446B-BB4A-DFA926F6E78C.jpeg

We lived in Wulstan St back in the day and the smell was a nightmare!

My Old Man said it was a factory processing " bones etc" from dead animals for use in other products, was proper bad in the Summer months.

Must admit if it was sewage, never heard it mentioned, always assumed my Dad was *right!

*wadda a mistake to make on so many occasions lol!

The waste water plant is a fairly recent addition as far as I'm aware. That site sits on a filled in dock too.

Who goes to the match for a meal?
Loads of people, provided the food is decent and the service is up to scratch. (it's not for me, but it's a good halfway house between a normal seat and full corporate.)

Evertons problem is even a cup of tea takes 2 minutes to prep and serve. Hopefully at BMD they have far more F&B stands and they're manned by people with a bit of urgency about them.

Any good chippies near the new ground?

Heritage Chippy just a short walk away is sound.

Did I read something previously that basically said it's mainly being prefabricated off-site and then just clicking together? Like they do on Grand Designs just without Kenwright living in a carvan over Christmas.

That’s how laings do a lot of their projects, they have a big factory in Worksop we’re they prefab most of their stuff. It’s an extremely impressive facility and I think it’s expanded since I went there a few years ago.

Quoting this from 2016 after finding it on Google;

Have the club made ref to any effort/the smell of sewage?

Having worked on sewage plants and more recent just down Regent road from the site, the smell isn’t even that bad and you quickly get used to it. UU also spend large amounts on odour control systems and I’m guessing this will increase on the Sandon Dock site, due to the stadium and surrounding Liverpool Waters development. S Norton scrap yard smells way worse, especially when it’s warm.

Judging by the huge queues outside various chippies and take aways around Gooodison Park, lots of people want feeding. I'm sure the club will cater for all pockets if they are looking to maximise income.
Exactly this.

People will pay a fiver for fast food that costs about a pound to make.

Chippy/Burgers/Hotdogs/Chinese

A big fat juicy bag of what's essentially free money just waiting to be picked up if we're in any way competent.

I'd also like some independent pop up stands in the fan zone. The club can give these pitches out for free in return for a small cut.

Would the smell put people off from doing stadium tours or visiting stadium restaurants on non match days?

It has been established that on the occasional day there is a whiff in the air. I'm sure the club will be in touch with their neighbours to make sure the particular process or whatever it is that takes place to cause the pong doesn't happen on a match day or when there are any other events taking place. Forgive the pun, but I really don't think it's anything to make a stink about.

It has been established that on the occasional day there is a whiff in the air. I'm sure the club will be in touch with their neighbours to make sure the particular process or whatever it is that takes place to cause the pong doesn't happen on a match day or when there are any other events taking place. Forgive the pun, but I really don't think it's anything to make a stink about.
Yes I think they have a similar agreement in place now with the RS…

Having worked on sewage plants and more recent just down Regent road from the site, the smell isn’t even that bad and you quickly get used to it. UU also spend large amounts on odour control systems and I’m guessing this will increase on the Sandon Dock site, due to the stadium and surrounding Liverpool Waters development. S Norton scrap yard smells way worse, especially when it’s warm.

The smell wasnt coming into work of a morning, it was always heading home around 6.45/7pm. Maybe whatever was causing it wasnt run during what people would consider "work hours". Have no idea about the weekend

Im sure we will have something in place with them to avoid any potential stink during game days/nights