New Everton Stadium Discussion

- where KEIOC were seen as self-professed know alls and all round "quilts"
For what it’s worth I thought KEIOC did an excellent job with their fight against Kirkby. A little word on the vote, if my memory is right the vote was about 51/49% in favour and that numpty Kenwright still went ahead knowing he was splitting the fan base.

I have a season ticket in the Top Balcony and it is very noticeable.

As I’m sure every single opposition keeper noticed too.

I have a season ticket in the Top Balcony and it is very noticeable.

As I’m sure every single opposition keeper noticed too.

I doubt very much at pitch level that a few metres makes any difference
at all tbh...... certainly not in terms of atmosphere, and having spent decades in both ends I have little doubt as to which provides easily the better views of the near goal, but that's perhaps another agument.

For what it’s worth I thought KEIOC did an excellent job with their fight against Kirkby. A little word on the vote, if my memory is right the vote was about 51/49% in favour and that numpty Kenwright still went ahead knowing he was splitting the fan base.
I think it was about 3:2 in favour of DK. They got that by nefarious means.

They didn't allow opposition literature to be sent in a mail shot; had the Red E*h* propagating their every blue sky message on the matter; and didn't allow consultation on who should be balloted.

Then they hid behind the Electoral Reform Society who carried out the forgone conclusion poll.

Which was amazing when you consider that KEIOC only had a few short weeks to put any kind of counter argument together against the combined resources of the club, Knowsley Council, Tesco Terry and Pip Greens retail cabal..... who'd had years. By the time of the public inquiry, KEIOC had easily pulled apart all the issues and lies, then presented the inquiry with comfortably the biggest body of evidence.

Absolutely blew my mind how many people (accross all Everton forums) really believed Kirkby was our best option.

It's shows that Kenwright is a pretty convincing storyteller and loads of Evertonians are gullible dopes.

A lot of people sceptical of BK were also sold on the deal because 'a proper businessman like Phillip Green was standing behind it'.

How mad does that sound now?

Absolutely, but I think @davek was pointing out the clique on that particular forum decided they didn't like KEIOC and that was that.

Lots of fan groups get a bad rep, but they all want a better Everton.

The fact that the the same fella has been the ultimate focal point for 2 decades means we're pretty crap at protest.