New Everton Stadium Discussion

Let's hope not...

That's what I'm worried about.
To be fair that is a different underlying issue at play in the Aviva. The IRFU sold their souls years back when Leinster became a fashionable thing to support and attend and they shifted their ticket sales strategy to big sponsors (and the clubs who historically were allocated tickets did the same to fundraise). This 'D4' snobbery mindset bled into the Irish international games (was always a snobbish element to it but it got way more corporate plus the WAGs began attending).

An Ireland game at the Aviva now is horrible mix of dozens of corporate groups of 10-30 each getting trolleyed many of whom have no idea who is playing or how. Add in large groups of pals/mates having a night out and you have the spectacle of people walking to and from their seats to the bars all game. This kills the atmosphere.

Not clear what the plans are for beer at seats for BMD but the IRFU are being pressurised to ban drinks at seats to try and reduce the prevalance of this interruption to other fans experience of the game and the attendant impact on singing/atmosphere.

Sounds horrific.

The Aviova looks an extreme case, I'm sure that wont be repeated at the new Everton stadium. The glass just looks hideous to me. As said, like a baths or leisure centre. £500M we wshould be getting a better design than that.

Still, as i said, the location is everything here.
I think the glass looks great. Such a unique design.

Reminds me of the Aviva stadium. It just looks like a half empty vessel.
20220623_063311.jpg

20220623_065853.jpg

Similar roof but the Aviva stand is tiny. Only 13 rows. Terrible "rake" too.

To be fair that is a different underlying issue at play in the Aviva. The IRFU sold their souls years back when Leinster became a fashionable thing to support and attend and they shifted their ticket sales strategy to big sponsors (and the clubs who historically were allocated tickets did the same to fundraise). This 'D4' snobbery mindset bled into the Irish international games (was always a snobbish element to it but it got way more corporate plus the WAGs began attending).

An Ireland game at the Aviva now is horrible mix of dozens of corporate groups of 10-30 each getting trolleyed many of whom have no idea who is playing or how. Add in large groups of pals/mates having a night out and you have the spectacle of people walking to and from their seats to the bars all game. This kills the atmosphere.

Not clear what the plans are for beer at seats for BMD but the IRFU are being pressurised to ban drinks at seats to try and reduce the prevalance of this interruption to other fans experience of the game and the attendant impact on singing/atmosphere.

There won't be any beer in seats, cos it's illegal in English football grounds.

Ticket allocation and demographics can effect things badly.... plus the tiny stand at one end is essentially a nothing stand.

Just sent my application for the New Stadium Sales job.

First job is to double check the pitch will fit.