New Everton Stadium Discussion

I actually don’t disagree with @davek - the location makes it iconic, not the stadium.

Although it’s a nice stadium and I’m sure it’ll be boss, you can put Nou Camp, or Allianz Arena, or San Siro anywhere in the world and they would be iconic.

If you put our stadium somewhere else, it wouldn’t be iconic.

Don’t know why it needs to be iconic, is the Etihad iconic? Stamford Bridge? Juventus’ stadium? No one in the world other than Everton fans is going to think Everton’s stadium is iconic no matter what it looks like, we really are a nothing club to most of the world unfortunately.

Don’t know why it needs to be iconic, is the Etihad iconic? Stamford Bridge? Juventus’ stadium?

It doesn’t. As a whole it’s a fantastic move for us and until we see it in person it’s hard to tell anyway.

Just think it’s a fair point to make.

I actually don’t disagree with @davek - the location makes it iconic, not the stadium.

Although it’s a nice stadium and I’m sure it’ll be boss, you can put Nou Camp, or Allianz Arena, or San Siro anywhere in the world and they would be iconic.

If you put our stadium somewhere else, it wouldn’t be iconic.
But it’s not somewhere else, it’s where it is. Put my flat within the walls of Windsor and Harry would be offering me Arteta money for it! Location location location ?

How've I never really laid attention to this thread previously? Cracking mad stuff in here.

It varies wildly Dglc. Some days it pages and pages by a some bore who is still set on redeveloping Goodison, next it’s folks arguing about stand rake, capacity, amenities and exits.

The rest of the time is Agent Orange getting his knickers in a twist about any and every little thing.

This week hot topic was, “Wind turbines are they a danger in the community?”

Oh and obviously the fine work that @Noggsy blue and the other drone lads do.
(which, I suspect is the reason anybody keeps coming back to this thread)

How've I never really laid attention to this thread previously? Cracking mad stuff in here.
It’s a heady mix of really interesting stuff, great videos of the build progress and then absolute mentalists trying to find any problem they possibly can. Surely you saw the whole conversation (relatively recently) of whether the stadium would even fit on the plot. We’d already filled in the dock by this point and then some Christopher Wren wannabe was like “it doesn’t fit”. There’s forum gold in these here hills

It’s a heady mix of really interesting stuff, great videos of the build progress and then absolute mentalists trying to find any problem they possibly can. Surely you saw the whole conversation (relatively recently) of whether the stadium would even fit on the plot. We’d already filled in the dock by this point and then some Christopher Wren wannabe was like “it doesn’t fit”. There’s forum gold in these here hills

That was superb. I’m not sure how big they think football pitches actually are.

Here’s the start of the madness for @Daveysgingerlovechild benefit.

The leaving of Goodison is getting closer and closer.

Rather than try and shoehorn everything into the new stadium to recreate Goodison, what part of Everton would you happily leave behind to die?

Mine? (apologies to this websites founders)

Grand Old Team.

It's painfully dated.
Restricted views.

Toilets that smell of a mixture of ale farts mixed with hotdogs, scouse pies and weed.

Warm beer.

It varies wildly Dglc. Some days it pages and pages by a some bore who is still set on redeveloping Goodison, next it’s folks arguing about stand rake, capacity, amenities and exits.

The rest of the time is Agent Orange getting his knickers in a twist about any and every little thing.

This week hot topic was, “Wind turbines are they a danger in the community?”

Oh and obviously the fine work that @Noggsy blue and the other drone lads do.
(which, I suspect is the reason anybody keeps coming back to this thread)
Sounds awesome ?

Completey missed that. Must find it!

The leaving of Goodison is getting closer and closer.

Rather than try and shoehorn everything into the new stadium to recreate Goodison, what part of Everton would you happily leave behind to die?

Mine? (apologies to this websites founders)

Grand Old Team.

It's painfully dated.
If we could just not tell some of the players that we are moving. That would be great