New Everton Stadium Discussion

The HVAC, fitting out etc will take as long again as getting the actual structure in place.
When they say 2 years they mean 2 years. This stuff is planned to the infinite detail and continually reassessed, checked and checked again to ensure it goes to the plan

The Spurs fan who posts on here says that the last year or so is really boring with not a lot to see from the outside. I expect the drone films won't be as exciting then. Just hope the club posts videos keeping us posted as to what is happening in the stands.

The Spurs fan who posts on here says that the last year or so is really boring with not a lot to see from the outside. I expect the drone films won't be as exciting then. Just hope the club posts videos keeping us posted as to what is happening in the stands.
Wasn't the last year or so "boring" because it was virtually complete and then they overshot the finish date because of *wiring* and so had near a whole season at Wembley while the. I'm not surprised the final phase looked boring.

Wasn't the last year or so "boring" because it was virtually complete and then they overshot the finish date because of *wiring* and so had near a whole season at Wembley while the. I'm not surprised the final phase looked boring.

Externally the visual progress slows right down. The majority of the work in done internally, all the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing services to be installed. Huge plant getting fitted in the plantrooms, service modules installed to carry all the gear. The internals are my favourite bit, but that's no good for the outside viewer. They'll get the building mostly water tight, and then the external stuff will slow right down as time and resources, delivery slots etc are funnelled into the internals.

They had every spark in the country there for the last few months, on pure money too.

Externally the visual progress slows right down. The majority of the work in done internally, all the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing services to be installed. Huge plant getting fitted in the plantrooms, service modules installed to carry all the gear. The internals are my favourite bit, but that's no good for the outside viewer. They'll get the building mostly water tight, and then the external stuff will slow right down as time and resources, delivery slots etc are funnelled into the internals.

….and I suppose the plans will be to have some readiness to progress internal work during the bad weather?

i dare say we’ll find a way of getting inside to take some pics.

Presumably in the last phase the stadium site will also be getting it's final touches with landscaping and such like?

That will add a sense of the coming spectacle even if the build looks 'done'.

Presumably in the last phase the stadium site will also be getting it's final touches with landscaping and such like?

That will add a sense of the coming spectacle even if the build looks 'done'.
I know you're not the biggest fan of the historical nods, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the restored hydraulic tower/pumphouse.

I reckon it's going to look ace.

Another 'unique' feature for Everton, a little bit like St. Lukes albeit a bit apart.

I know you're not the biggest fan of the historical nods, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the restored hydraulic tower/pumphouse.

I reckon it's going to look ace.

Another 'unique' feature for Everton, a little bit like St. Lukes albeit a bit apart.
I am. That pump house is part of the site's heritage and it's right it's acknowledged. I'm just not in favour of bringing from one site to another historical artefacts and designs (the Leach criss crosses more especially) - that transplantation is embarrassing and out of whack.

I am. That pump house is part of the site's heritage and it's right it's acknowledged. I'm just not in favour of bringing from one site to another historical artefacts and designs (the Leach criss crosses more especially) - that transplantation is embarrassing and out of whack.
It's funny, I was watching Sunderland last week and they have there Roker Leitch crosses projected on electronic advertising hoardings around the stands midway point.

That looked horrific.

I think If done properly on the brick cladding it can look 'ok' but I wouldn't have been bothered had they left them in the ideas bin tbh.

It's funny, I was watching Sunderland last week and they have there Roker Leitch crosses projected on electronic advertising hoardings around the stands midway point.

That looked horrific.

I think If done properly on the brick cladding it can look 'ok' but I wouldn't have been bothered had they left them in the ideas bin tbh.
IIRC Sunderland have a section of the trusses in their museum. That's more appropriate than having the design on the new stadium IMO.