New Everton Stadium Discussion

Gable  And a square clock - job done
I'm just a bit too young to remember the old Goodison Road, but it had a triangular false gable on the roof about the half way line and I think it said Everton FC 1909 (is that right, presumably the date that stand was built?). They were all the go at one point (I think the other shower had one, too). I know Sheff Wed have still got one.

I do remember reading the Littlewood's clocks were in storage some years ago. I think they would look great maybe in the fan zone. Could they put them up on the dock wall (inside) I wonder? They would look magnificent lit up for a night match.

Last edited:
Does anybody know anything about the screens at BMD? The ones at GP just aren't big enough, for my eyes anyhow. Not too bad for the replays but when you are trying to read the name of who's playing number 4 for the other team I just can't read the text. If the new screens were 50% bigger or maybe there were 4 of them, problem solved for us Mr Magoos.

Does anybody know anything about the screens at BMD? The ones at GP just aren't big enough, for my eyes anyhow. Not too bad for the replays but when you are trying to read the name of who's playing number 4 for the other team I just can't read the text. If the new screens were 50% bigger or maybe there were 4 of them, problem solved for us Mr Magoos.
If my memory serves me well i think i remember something about us having the largest screens ever fitted to a football stadium but i also think that was part of the 60k design. Factor in the smaller capacity plus lower roof & they are probably just your average big screens now.

I'm just a bit too young to remember the old Goodison Road, but it had a triangular false gable on the roof about the half way line and I think it said Everton FC 1909 (is that right, presumably the date that stand was built?). They were all the go at one point (I think the other shower had one, too). I know Sheff Wed have still got one.

I do remember reading the Littlewood's clocks were in storage some years ago. I think they would look great maybe in the fan zone. Could they put them up on the dock wall (inside) I wonder? They would look magnificent lit up for a night match.

550E5DD9-9B2A-41A8-B0B6-D287181008C5.png

In some ways, what a pity we didn't move from Goodison in the late 60's. Imagine if we'd have moved then and kept GP for the reserves etc. It was at its best then for me. Imagine it still looking like that today, complete with the floodlight pylons. As for the rubbish cladding soft lad Kenwright put on the Glwadys and the Bullens, oh, dear. What a stupid thing to do. I can't stand that man.