New Everton Stadium Discussion

Goodison is regularly referred to as the Old Lady is it not?

I referred to Bramley Moore stadium as she.
Sue me bitch
I believe the original old League Championship Trophy was known as the old lady due to the figurine of the lady on the top of the lid
Currently residing in the football museum in Manchester. Kev Ratcliffe was the last Everton captain to receive this.

The current Championship Trophy is a copy of this.

Goodison is regularly referred to as the Old Lady is it not?

I referred to Bramley Moore stadium as she.
Sue me bitch
only because some fans parrot what an Echo chimp calls it.

That is a very late development. Never in a million years has GP been referred to as that apart from the past decade or so. As said: because an Echo chimp wrote it thinking he weas being clever.

I make a point of taking the apprentice (kopite) down with me every time I go during or straight after work. Had to make him get out the van when I first started taking him down there. He's out the van before me now. Genuinely.
He loves it almost a such as me I think. Gets excited pointing things out that have been done and I just laugh at him, get called a prick, then he explains why he's excited for the city/jobs etc while desperately avoiding any mention of Everton lol

A fun little aside to my visits lollol
Doing God's work there St. Thomas.

That is a very late development. Never in a million years has GP been referred to as that apart from the past decade or so. As said: because an Echo chimp wrote it thinking he weas being clever.
This is the earliest mention I could find

Journalist David Conn of The Independent, who unintentionally coined the term in 1999, lamented that yet again, the “Grand Old Lady of English Football” was being overlooked by a potential financier to help reestablish the ground as one of the best in England.

23 years in total. I would ask though, is Goodison not the Old Lady of English football, given it’s list of ‘firsts’ and the history in which it boasts? So why does it matter how long it has been used for? If the shoe fits and all that.

Never heard it called the "old lady" except online

Jeesh! I take it all back. Opened up a right can of worms...and didn't even need to bait the hook!