New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just like everything else you say, utter nonsense. I don't think 20 people sitting outside and an inflatable rat is going to go national. Not when Doctors/Nurses could potentially take industrial action, the railway is falling to bits, barristers are on strike and people in general are having to pick between food and heating. Your hyperbole is boring.

It's so laughable, the world is crisis and yet this is what we should be worried about.

Just like everything else you say, utter nonsense. I don't think 20 people sitting outside and an inflatable rat is going to go national. Not when Doctors/Nurses could potentially take industrial action, the railway is falling to bits, barristers are on strike and people in general are having to pick between food and heating. Your hyperbole is boring.
Accidents and fatalities on a building site is actually MORE important than that.

God forbid anyone is seriously injured or worse on that site but it'd be a massive uptick in protesting outside that dock. And LOR have a dreadful record on safety.

The club have the means to sort this out.

The humbug and hypocrisy on display here from some. People cheering the progress of the stadium but not fussy about securing standards on site.

It's so laughable, the world is crisis and yet this is what we should be worried about.
Honestly, I understand safety is an absolute paramount in construction, or indeed any form of engineering. However, protesting because they want a Union presence on site does not mean they are a bunch of cowboys. That being said, I’d encourage everyone to be apart of a union.
Accidents and fatalities on a building site is actually MORE important than that.

God forbid anyone is seriously injured or worse on that site but it'd be a massive uptick in protesting outside that dock. And LOR have a dreadful record on safety.

The club have the means to sort this out.

I’m sorry Dave, we are living in volatile times. The world is on the brink of ripping itself apart, the country is heading back to the 80s with the working conditions this government would like to impose, kids are going to school starving because parents can’t afford food. This is nowhere near as important, it’s a stadium for a hobby. I’m sure there are plenty of locals on here who work for LOR and I don’t see any screaming the house down about the working conditions, of course, that’s not to say people aren’t asked to do stuff they don’t want to do/are unqualified to do. I’m not defending LOR, they should have union representation on site, but they also shouldn’t have a gun held to their head by them either.

Honestly, I understand safety is an absolute paramount in construction, or indeed any form of engineering. However, protesting because they want a Union presence on site does not mean they are a bunch of cowboys. That being said, I’d encourage everyone to be apart of a union.

I’m sorry Dave, we are living in volatile times. The world is on the brink of ripping itself apart, the country is heading back to the 80s with the working conditions this government would like to impose, kids are going to school starving because parents can’t afford food. This is nowhere near as important, it’s a stadium for a hobby. I’m sure there are plenty of locals on here who work for LOR and I don’t see any screaming the house down about the working conditions, of course, that’s not to say people aren’t asked to do stuff they don’t want to do/are unqualified to do. I’m not defending LOR, they should have union representation on site, but they also shouldn’t have a gun held to their head by them either.
How is someone surviving work with their life in tact not as important?

It's very simple to end this dispute. The club does the right thing and actually backs up its proud boast of being a People's Club with deeds or are forever seen as frauds going along with a bunch of anti-union scumbags like LOR.

Yeah, there used to be some really nice, old houses on Anfield Road. They went long ago. As for their new stand, certainly huge but am I right in thinking you can't see the rest of the ground from the back 3rd or so? From the back part you'll only be able to see the pitch, is that right? One great thing about BMD is that you can see all of the ground from all of the ground. Well done, Dan Meis.

I thought that was the hole punch not this new one. What do I know.

How is someone surviving work with their life in tact not as important?

It's very simple to end this dispute. The club does the right thing and actually backs up its proud boast of being a People's Club with deeds or are forever seen as frauds going along with a bunch of anti-union scumbags like LOR.
Because there are literally thousands of sites across the UK were people manage not to kill or maim themselves.

So I was on the Unite website forum where there was a lively debate about union reps allowed into worksites, safety, working practices and the possibility of using industrial action.

The thing is that that informative and lively debate then took a weird turn as they started to randomly talk about the Stadium build at BMD where pictures and drone footage were being posted.

Mad lot then at Unite.

Found some historical incidents for which they have been held to account for, think 2017 is the most recent one. I’ve worked in the new Royal a fair bit, dealt with a few LOR lads and nobody seems to causing a scene, from my experience.
Because they dont want to rock the boat and lose their jobs.

What, thousands and thousands of them?
Yes. Any word getting back to management that they're unhappy and they're on dodgy ground.

BTW, 2 died in Liverpool just over a year ago on a LOR site in Liverpool.