New Everton Stadium

Very true...there's been a lot of talk about us not filling Goodison.

Since when did we not fill it?

And if you sit in the seats at the back of the lower bullens, lower gwladys...you'll realise how unbelievable tosh some of those seats that people are buying really are!

Personally...I'm not sure about 60k capacity...but we'd piss 50k all day long.

I'd like to think 55k would be a good starting point mate and then increase if/when required in stages. I think we would average around 45/47k to start with and success would obviously get us up towards 55/60. I think there would be a fair few games we would sell out at 55k as well given the opportunity.

I'd like to think 55k would be a good starting point mate and then increase if/when required in stages. I think we would average around 45/47k to start with and success would obviously get us up towards 55/60. I think there would be a fair few games we would sell out at 55k as well given the opportunity.
Pitched at the right price, being so close to town we could attract plenty of walk-ups.

I always come back to the concept of sectioning off the upper tier for lower demand games. We should be looking to fill the stadium from the pitch outward - better to have a ring of empty seats at the top, than a smattering of empty seats right around the ground.

RS in my work today got all shouty and his eyes were filling up as he bemoaned misuse of council funds to buy Finch farm and build a train station, basically blaming our club for any cuts to social services the council make from now until forever. I thanked him for his valuable contribution to our renaissance via his council tax payments.

They are not happy

Told we should expect something pitched at a similar scale to Spurs...our new ownership has the attitude that the team will be successful, the pricing will be right and the ground will be full

This is what makes me the most pleased. Nothing against Bill, if we're looking past his limited funds, he's not a master businessman and doesn't have that nous to be truly successful, his actions, the things he says etc, doesn't scream success, there is a plucky element about him. It was massively evident with the interview he shared with moshiri about martinez after chelsea in the FA Cup.

The idea that the demand for seats at a brand new state-of-the-art 60k seater on the docks would be the same or even remotely similar to that at our current century-old wooden stadium with thousands of seats with views of one or both goals obstructed etc is a bit silly, but I suppose it's comforting to believe for certain folks.

Currently we're selling out (99.7%) that old stadium despite its enormous faults. We're doing so because things have changed at the club since the back end of Moyes' tenure when it appeared that finishing 7th most seasons and nicking the odd Europa league qualification with no trophies was the limit to our ambitions.

Martinez came in and freshened things up short-term and demand for seats rose. Moshiri came in and demand rose again without him even doing anything of note. If we were to build a 60k-seater stadium on the docks of all places, after presumably a few years of better investment in the squad and possibly some top 6 finishes, I've no doubt that we'd get huge attendances. Whether it'd would be sold out every week is another question, but that's what we have to aim for, so there's no point holding back and going for 50-55k. We should show real ambition and match Spurs and West Ham and aim to grow into the stadium if necessary.

Last edited:
Pitched at the right price, being so close to town we could attract plenty of walk-ups.

I always come back to the concept of sectioning off the upper tier for lower demand games. We should be looking to fill the stadium from the pitch outward - better to have a ring of empty seats at the top, than a smattering of empty seats right around the ground.

Yep I've thought this Cowboy but always wondered what would happen if folk want to purchase a season ticket in the top stand or something? I'm sure there's a way around it but I do like your idea mate, like you said it would stop it looking empty

RS in my work today got all shouty and his eyes were filling up as he bemoaned misuse of council funds to buy Finch farm and build a train station, basically blaming our club for any cuts to social services the council make from now until forever. I thanked him for his valuable contribution to our renaissance via his council tax payments.

They are not happy

He has probably forgotten that the same council gave them Stanley Park. At least we will be building on a Brownfield site

Yep I've thought this Cowboy but always wondered what would happen if folk want to purchase a season ticket in the top stand or something? I'm sure there's a way around it but I do like your idea mate, like you said it would stop it looking empty
I'd make the upper most tier relatively small if possible, or have some way of partitioning so the capacity can be reduced for lower demand games.

I know I shouldn't, but I read that Everton thread on RAWK.

Are they actually that stupid, or is their bitterness blinding them?

We shouldn't be going for a 60k apparently, we don't sell out Goodison and the demand isn't there.

Meanwhile, they could justify a 60k seater because Anfield was bursting at the seams.

We have sold out EVERY home game in the Premier League, you beauts.

You're not selling out Anfield right now. Bellends.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back