New Everton Stadium

Who are we kidding?

All the itks in here over the last year getting us all semi excited, when in fact it seems a stadium around 55k at best with funding still being sought at present time.

Ah well. Still the docks, right?

60K will do - If they can clear the area in an hour like they did at The Gabba for the Adele Concert last night.
I'm not trying to teach Moshiri's or Anderson's granny to suck eggs, but I hope they are going to find out what is best practice, what works and what doesn't from other big venues.

Enough of this small mentality.
90,000 seats and frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams on their frickin' heads!

rhpsf.gif

Also, that figure of £350,000,000 seems remarkably small. A few months ago, the Mail asserted that Tottenham's stadium was set to cost in the region of £750,000,000. And the Emirates Stadium cost almost £400,000,000 to build when that was constructed back in the early noughties.

Stand to be corrected here but I think the cost quoted for Tottenham is the entire development. I'm sure @RobSpurs can confirm.

Dan Meis is quoted saying that a quality build is c£6k per seat, so presuming we get 60k works out as £360m which sounds about right.

Just doing a few quick sums to work out how beneficial it would be to build bigger instead of expanding at a later date and it reinforces my view that we should be going all in to start with.

Taking Man City's expansion of the Etihad we can see that to add an extra 7000 seats costs around 60 million pounds = a cost per seat of £8571.

As Dan Meis has already said the cost per seat on a 60k stadium is around £6000, we can see that it would cost something like 42 million pounds to add 7k upfront. Or put in another way it would cost nearly 50% more again to expand after the initial build.

But it's not even that as the less seats you add the more the stadium costs per seat, it may well be that a 60k from the off could cost as little as 20 million more than one with 53k seats.

Then add the inconvenience of having the work done during live use and the fact that we know we can definitely fill the higher capacity at least 5 or so games a season, means it will be generating more cash sooner makes the decision to me a no brainer.

Stand to be corrected here but I think the cost quoted for Tottenham is the entire development. I'm sure @RobSpurs can confirm.

I still believe that has to be the case, yes. But funny you should mention it - there's debates going on about this right now after the THST released minutes from their latest meeting with Levy. It included this:

"MB asked if all of the financing was in place to complete the stadium build. DL stated that the funds would come from different sources and that the cost of the stadium was now estimated circa £800m"
(http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thstthfc-board-to-board-meeting-28-february-2017-report)

Apparently some in the Trust are adamant Levy was talking about the stadium only, but I don't believe that for a second. There must be some crossed wires. Levy must've been talking about the entire scheme. The KPMG report into its viability from 2015 put the cost of the entire scheme (stadium, hotel, supermarket, residential, public square) at £750m. With the weakened pound a cost rise to £800m for the whole scheme wouldn't surprise me at all, but for the stadium alone to have doubled in costs in just a year and half? Nah...pretty sure that's not right.

Worth pointing out the Mayor of London approved the Chav's Stamford Bridge rebuild today. That's being reported to cost £500m:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39179645

Something else I wanted to say while I'm here? Hmmmm....can't think right now. Something from yesterday. I'm sure it'll come to me...

I still believe that has to be the case, yes. But funny you should mention it - there's debates going on about this right now after the THST released minutes from their latest meeting with Levy. It included this:

"MB asked if all of the financing was in place to complete the stadium build. DL stated that the funds would come from different sources and that the cost of the stadium was now estimated circa £800m"
(http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thstthfc-board-to-board-meeting-28-february-2017-report)

Apparently some in the Trust are adamant Levy was talking about the stadium only, but I don't believe that for a second. There must be some crossed wires. Levy must've been talking about the entire scheme. The KPMG report into its viability from 2015 put the cost of the entire scheme (stadium, hotel, supermarket, residential, public square) at £750m. With the weakened pound a cost rise to £800m for the whole scheme wouldn't surprise me at all, but for the stadium alone to have doubled in costs in just a year and half? Nah...pretty sure that's not right.

Worth pointing out the Mayor of London approved the Chav's Stamford Bridge rebuild today. That's being reported to cost £500m:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39179645

Thanks for that Rob. Appreciated ;)

Something else I wanted to say while I'm here? Hmmmm....can't think right now. Something from yesterday. I'm sure it'll come to me...

Jib that though. Too soon lad. (n)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back