New Everton Stadium

Mike Keegan is a well known Manc hack that worked at Manchester Evening News for years and repeatedly said Leighton Baines was going to Man Utd.

He knows absolutely NOTHING about Everton.

The whole Daily Mail article is what's commonly referred to in the paper business as an 'aggregate' piece - it's basically a summary of everything that was reported in the Liverpool Echo for the past 6 months, summarised for readers of the national Daily Mail paper.

At no stage whatsoever has 52000 been suggested as a capacity for BMD Stadium.

The paragraph is poorly worded but the 52000 mention is explicitly next to the sentence about the Stadio della Roma stadium that Meis has designed - 52000 being the capacity of that stadium. The point of that paragraph is to show Meis achievements. It would be quite the coincidence for Meis to be designing two 52000 capacity stadiums in a row.

Keegan is the type that won't backtrack even when he's wrong, he repeatedly wouldn't do so regarding Baines to Utd and later Coleman to Utd stories, so he's obviously not going to do so here either.

Dan Meis is in town.

He's just posted a picture on instagram of the of Dixie Dean banner on Goodison with the caption "never gets old ... #Everton #goodison park #wedonotchoosewearechosen"

Tried to print screen it and put it on here but my phones having none of it.

Doesn't really matter if he meant Roma or Ours. If he meant ours its just jarg journalism, based on little fact. If i wanted a million clicks i would write a story about our new 45k stadium and watch the angry mob invade while i'll be happy as larry as my count kept rising.

I don't even think our owners/board know how big they are going to build it yet. So little chance anyone else does.

do it so the stadiums open facing the water
and have + allocation of 1878 dingys from wools
over the Wirral and make them float back home.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back