New Everton Stadium

By utilising the depth of the dock, it would serve two purposes. It would mean that we could effectively keep the docks retaining walls, and the height the stadium itself will be reduced by about 10m, both would have a positive effect of the WHS.

I'm not sure anyone 'in power' is actually too fussed about World Heritage Status anymore.
We could keep the dock retaining walls anyway, using it for underground amenities e.g. car parking etc.
Personally, I'd rather the stadium wasn't lowered 10m, as this negates the impact of making the 'stadium on the waterfront' statement?

An alleged "ITK" on another building forum reckoned that Peel have requested the stadium be built in the dock and not on it.
This was a few months back , think It might of been on Skyscraper City.

I use to go on Skyscraper City a lot, but im not sure I wouldnt listen to anything on there along those lines, it might be good for stuff that is in the public domain if you no where to look but ITK info no chance. While Everton dont let anything slip to self appointed ITKs im sure big companies like Peel must also be rather tight on who finds out what, besides i dont think the dock on its own will be big enough?

Interesting point about going down to keep the height lower, meaning one potential objection is removed

Another thing to consider is the orientation of the stadium. By using the dock, it will be in a different orientation to what is optimum for corporate seats and the television. The best rotation is side onto the Mersey. This is likely why they are supposedly looking at using a section of Nelson as well. That would kaibosh using the dock basins as they'd have to 'bridge' or cut through the existing walls.

im impatient at the best of times, but it seems like weve been waiting an absolute age for any news...

come on Everton,. relieve the pressure, a tidbit, a tease, anything that just lets us know that this is happening!

im impatient at the best of times, but it seems like weve been waiting an absolute age for any news...

come on Everton,. relieve the pressure, a tidbit, a tease, anything that just lets us know that this is happening!
I don't think we have an mate until now.

Not everybody predicted that week.
I know mate!...the wise money was on what the true wannabe stadium ITK said...
20170301_020308.webp

20170301_020406.webp

20170307_003138.webp

20170307_002813.webp

20170307_002900.webp

...how people are still taking you seriously for stadium news I'll never know!!!

The Echo was clearly briefed last month and wrote that 55k was being considered and there would be an announcement on progress this month.
It's much more credible than the 52k mentioned in the Mail whose article was just a rehash. Given the historical slow progress on these things I expect the announcement in the last week of March.

I can't see Mr Moshiri going as small as that. 60,000 is about standard these days, albeit Tottenham's new ground is going to be bigger than 60,000.

1. Old Trafford (Man Utd) 75,731
2. Olympic Stadium (West Ham Utd) 66,000
3. Spurs New stadium (Tottenham) 61,000
4. Emirates Stadium (Arsenal) 60,432
5. Stamford Bridge (Chelsea) 60,000
6. Etihad Stadium (Man City) 55,097
7. Bramley Moore (Everton) 55,000
8. Anfield (Liverpool) 54,074
9. St James' Park (Newcastle) 52,404
10. Stadium of Light (Sunderland) 49,000
11. Villa Park (Aston Villa) 42,573
12. Hillsborough (Sheff Wed) 39,732
13. Elland Road (Leeds Utd) 37,890

Would be the 7th biggest club ground in England, not too unambitious. I can't see the new stadium being any higher than 60k.

Chelsea's new stadium, which is likely to be completed before the end of the decade, is set to have a capacity of 65,0000.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back