New Everton Stadium

He has no idea. Evertons stadium will bring a huge amount to the city. The council have already said they think it'll be worth upwards of £350m to the economy. If thats not Anderson doing his job, then I dont know what is.

I know, considering the cuts the council is now only spending money on the most vulnerable and investing in the city. I think a huge stadium hits the second objective considering the money and investment it will bring

I know, considering the cuts the council is now only spending money on the most vulnerable and investing in the city. I think a huge stadium hits the second objective considering the money and investment it will bring

The stadium is just a small part, in City terms, of what will be happening there. Its an enabler. Got to speculate to accumulate, as they say.

Over 40 years since my A-Level Economics, but am sure such a thing was called a "multiplier" ie loads of other good things would follow as a result of its implementation ;)

About 35 since mine, and yeah, I remember that. Like it costs £1m to build an office, and the immediate pay off is the rent the tenant pays. The multiplier is the income/tax of them that built it, and then those who work in it.

Or something like that anyrate. The outgoings are a one off, the returns are incrementally improved year after year after year.

I have heard it and the info is 100% true

My source...The 3rd cousin of a guy who once ran the Liverpool marathon but is a wool. They say that they heard it from a bloke in Brazil, who was told about it by his nan who died in 2011. However, a local spiritualist who just happened to have been born in Scotty Road, told him about it via some medium thingy. Well, the medium heard it from his sister who works in the Aldi in Old Swan. She knows feck all about footy mind, though it seems her mates dad is a friend of a cousin who is related to the brother of a guy who's mum once knew a man who was mates with a chip shop owner that once served Dixie Dean... So, that is proof enough for me.

Anyway, it turns out we are doing a Wimbledon and the new ground will be in Cartmel.

Kopites all over the gaff.

giphy.gif
The bitterness virtually drips from the Echo comments section

Aside from all the jokes, all the suspicions, all the let downs and all the ITK's and false dawns.
How good is a new ground going to be.

Founder members, the richest of histories, and now a New Old Lady to flock to and to be proud of.

A new home with lots of new memories to make, and future successes to witness and pass on more " I was there" moments to the next generations of blues.

I can not wait.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back