New Everton Stadium

Just a thought, but we should transport the Goodison pitch (bit by bit) to Bramley Moore. That would be fitting, especially to all those who have had loved ones ashes sprinkled on there over the years. Can it be done?

Just a thought, but we should transport the Goodison pitch (bit by bit) to Bramley Moore. That would be fitting, especially to all those who have had loved ones ashes sprinkled on there over the years. Can it be done?

I think that each of the plaques should have a place, and an accessible place, but truth be told, for many years now the ashes have been spread in the remeberance garden of the church. The pitch the last ashes were spread on has long since been replaced.

While its a lovely idea, I personally think that the ashes of those who felt so connected to Goodison to have it as their final resting place, I feel their soul should remain, but their memories continue to be celebrated. May be best to ask the families of those at rest though, its a really sensitive subject.

IF it gets announced but we don't see any actual stadium plans for a while use this for the time being ...

Efc.webp

I've already shown a few kopites this and the fume is just glorious :dance:

I think that each of the plaques should have a place, and an accessible place, but truth be told, for many years now the ashes have been spread in the remeberance garden of the church. The pitch the last ashes were spread on has long since been replaced.

While its a lovely idea, I personally think that the ashes of those who felt so connected to Goodison to have it as their final resting place, I feel their soul should remain, but their memories continue to be celebrated. May be best to ask the families of those at rest though, its a really sensitive subject.

I hope we can still use Goodison when we move. The U23s and Women's team could play there, perhaps use it for EITC work too.

I realise that this is probably too much to ask but I would love Goodison to still remain part of the club when we relocate.

Aye. Just the thought of that pitch being ripped up and dumped 'god knows where' doesn't feel right. It would be great to take something from Goodison to Bramley Moore and taking the pitch just seems fitting. Maybe I'm just being sentimental.

I hope we can still use Goodison when we move. The U23s and Women's team could play there, perhaps use it for EITC work too.

I realise that this is probably too much to ask but I would love Goodison to still remain part of the club when we relocate.

One of the things Im most nervous about tbh. Whats the plan with Goodison?

Aye. Just the thought of that pitch being ripped up and dumped 'god knows where' doesn't feel right. I would be great to take something from Goodison to Bramley Moore and taking the pitch just seems fitting. Maybe I'm just being sentimental.

Maybe give sections of it to family members of those whose ashes are spread there.

One of the things Im most nervous about tbh. Whats the plan with Goodison?
love it to be redeveloped into our U23/womens team home ground, whilst doubling down as a focus for our eitc work, ie multi purpose community centre to enhance the buildings in place on spellow lane, Moshiri/Everton are clearly planning on retaining our footprint in Walton and further developing our already strong community links

I'm surprised we don't really know anything. How many people ACTUALLY know? We know the board know, several members of the council know & Jim White knows. Even his guest yesterday (Mail sports writer?) said he has seen stuff so I would imagine similar types would too. Dan Meis clearly knows as does his colleagues & many people at Peel will know too. Anyone involved with planning infrastructure would at worst have seen a mock up plan or idea or been told something to work around. The company that builds the models for the architect would know. I'm sure I'm missing many people who would have a better real idea of what is going to be our new home. How the hell is it still a relative secret?? All we know is that we are seriously looking at a dock site ( but not exclusively) & Dan Meis is the architect. I can't believe this many people can keep a secret this well. Who else would know? We need to work out the weakest then squeeze them for info !!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back