New Everton Stadium

They're not just politicians though mate. They have their biases and are season ticket holders and traditionally enjoy "good relations" with the club's they support.

You asked me what the motives would be. I primarily gave you the motives of the club, which is obvious to me. No way shape or form will they want a rival to have a state of the art facility and tourist hub down at the docks and cutting into their profits and prestige.

Which is why the council aren't working with them on it? Oh wait...

I would have though a rivalry higher up the table would be beneficial for both clubs. More interest equals more money usually.
The last thing Liverpool (or sky for that matter) want is another rival. Certainly not one from their own city. I can foresee how a new stadium would benefit Everton, the regeneration of north Liverpool and the city itself but not for Liverpool football club.

The last thing Liverpool (or sky for that matter) want is another rival. Certainly not one from their own city. I can foresee how a new stadium would benefit Everton, the regeneration of north Liverpool and the city itself but not for Liverpool football club.
Well sky seem to be a bit more open to the idea that we are growing by the early signs of extra exposure they are giving us more recently & as for Liverpool, they will have to learn to except it !!!

So the rs are going to put the blockers on our new stadium?

0a51773271f10e47aa1b1425bdd98e45.gif

it went from a top 4, to top 5, and top 6 to keep the darling clubs talked about. Unless one of them (poss the 4rse post Wenger) drop way away it will simply become a top 7.
I was just about to say this but beaten to the punch. More teams throwing money about means more people watching the premier league 'product'. Moshiri seems to be playing this well. All of a sudden he's jim whites best pal and the media are talking about us more often than I can ever remember. I mean talk sport mentioned us the other day. Talk sport!!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back