New Everton Stadium

What's on our side?

There's naff all there that will be impacted by the project which makes the construction a lot easier and will prevent the normal delays associated with building in a major city.

Filling the docks in is not as complicated as people think and will most likely help with the foundations of the structures.

What isn't?

The roads around there are awful and it will be a challenge/time consuming enabling the new road systems to be in place.

Buying the local businesses currently situated there (the timber yard etc) - remember the problem Spurs had (anyone got any matches?)

Ensuring investors build property around the stadium (apartments, restaurants, bars) - I'm surprised football clubs don't build mega bars around their stadiums for additional profit and can be used for events on none match days ( I think spurs are doing this?)

Somebody from Peel Holdings at a conference in Cannes, one of his company's biggest days of the year, talked about a new Everton stadium to help keep pressure off the Everton board?

Really?

Exactly. People on here say the board are a joke, can't sort nothing out, frauds etc but they are capable of influencing the board members of multi billion pound companies who could care less about everton.

Seen this on twitter from a fellow fan, fake or real??

I dont think that "Donut" is the stadium, it is in the wrong place and not big enough, the image is of the plan for the central docks, not the northern docks (where Bramley Moore Docks and the new stadium is meant to be)

I am not sure what the "donut" is, it could be just a different style; office, accommodation or museum

Buying the local businesses currently situated there (the timber yard etc) - remember the problem Spurs had (anyone got any matches?)

Most of the businesses on the old Wingate Estate moved on happily over a period of a few years, with the club compensating them so they could find new premises. Only one refused to move, hoping the courts would give them a big payout. In the event, the site was CPOd and the courts ordered Spurs to pay them less than what we'd already offered for the site so their belligerence backfired.

Point being, there were dozens of businesses who weren't difficult. But they don't make the news. If Everton goes about buying up land in the right way, giving businesses time to relocate and decent compensation, hopefully most businesses will co-operate as most did with Spurs. And hopefully you won't end up with one holding out, hoping for a big payday.

What's on our side?

There's naff all there that will be impacted by the project which makes the construction a lot easier and will prevent the normal delays associated with building in a major city.

Filling the docks in is not as complicated as people think and will most likely help with the foundations of the structures.

What isn't?

The roads around there are awful and it will be a challenge/time consuming enabling the new road systems to be in place.

Ensuring investors build property around the stadium (apartments, restaurants, bars) - I'm surprised football clubs don't build mega bars around their stadiums for additional profit and can be used for events on none match days ( I think spurs are doing this?)

It may not be complicated from a engineering point of view, but from a Regulatory perspective it will be.

Burnley on the 15th of April only went on general sale at 8am today and has already sold out. Makes you think how many we could sell in a new Waterfront Stadium with no obstructed views when a game like this against lesser opposition has sold out a month in advance.

and more so if we were challenging for champs league places..

Wasn't there a thing in the red echo about him (Terry Brady) and he has a box at Goodison?

TERRY BRADY, OWNER OF TERRY’S TIMBER

JS98361888.jpg

Terry Brady owner of Terry Timber.
True Blue Terry’s business has been going for more than 30 years, and he employs a staff of around 30 on his massive site opposite Bramley-Moore Dock.

He tells us: “As an Evertonian I’d be as happy as Larry if we moved here – as long as they gave me an executive box!”

More seriously, as to whether he would seek to stay where he is or find new premises, he says: “If anything does happen, I can’t say what I’d do until I heard Everton’s plans. My priority, though, will always be my business and my staff – I am 100% committed to the business and the business will carry on whatever happens.

“But I think it would provide a great boost to the area if Everton came.”

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back