New Everton Stadium

We wouldn't fill it every week unless it was free to get in.
Brutal truth here, folks.

West Ham v Leicester drew in 56,979 on Saturday, and there was still vast patches of empty seating.

We could attract 55k most games I reckon, but not every week.

I still reckon we have to look at flexible capacity.

My own opinion is that 55,000 would be a good size. Pack it every week and have a great atmosphere. I think once its goes to 60k+ its more likely to end up with Everton playing in front of lots of blue seats. It's depressing when you see seeing games at the likes of Sunderland and Middlesbrough when the ground isn't full.

People are placing too much emphasis on capacity reflecting ambition. Not many players would choose Lazio/Inter/Napoli/Roma etc over Juventus even though all have much larger stadia.

A fantastic design, that creates an intense atmosphere and unique experience is far more important in my opinion.
Nothing wrong with empty seats, some of the best atmospheres I've been in were in sub 20000 crowds at Goodison, some of the worst full houses.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people are against empty seats are that way because they're afraid of some no mark kopite saying haha you've got empty seats to them.

Nothing wrong with empty seats, some of the best atmospheres I've been in were in sub 20000 crowds at Goodison, some of the worst full houses.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people are against empty seats are that way because they're afraid of some no mark kopite saying haha you've got empty seats to them.
So you'd be fine sitting on your own surrounded by 20 empty seats? That wouldn't feel a bit strange?

You're talking about terracing though, no? 20,000 people all huddled together can still make a hell of a din. 20,000 spread over a 60,000 seater stadium, in different stands and different tiers, will sound like a load of kids shouting in the swimming baths.

You're talking about terracing though, no? 20,000 people all huddled together can still make a hell of a din. 20,000 spread over a 60,000 seater stadium, in different stands and different tiers, will sound like a load of kids shouting in the swimming baths.

My own opinion is that 55,000 would be a good size. Pack it every week and have a great atmosphere. I think once its goes to 60k+ its more likely to end up with Everton playing in front of lots of blue seats. It's depressing when you see seeing games at the likes of Sunderland and Middlesbrough when the ground isn't full.

People are placing too much emphasis on capacity reflecting ambition. Not many players would choose Lazio/Inter/Napoli/Roma etc over Juventus even though all have much larger stadia.

A fantastic design, that creates an intense atmosphere and unique experience is far more important in my opinion.

Agreed. In fact I think some clubs with larger stadia will look upon it enviously if we manage to keep a good atmosphere. I'd bet a lot of West Ham and Arsenal fans would trade in their soulless, echoing 60k bowls for an "intimate" 55k stadium (assuming the choice to expand is there). I certainly would.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back